IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Oranges update

RSS Bot

I ran into some dumb problem with the Odyssey 2 version, so I'm going back to work on the Game Boy version. There were a few things I wanted to do. I spent half the night on some dumb problem I was having with the background until I realized what was going on: I was making text spaces so the background wasn't displaying. It was displaying the spaces as text, not as no background. Argh! So now with that problem solved, I went to work on the music part. I added some more to the simple song playing in the background during the game. Those were two suggestions someone had after someone in the Game Boy programming forums actually gave me feedback on it. I actually got a high score of 699 during testing. I thought I was going to go all the way to 1,000, but nooo. Shows you how far positive thinking goes. So since the playfield is a little bit darker, that means I had to make the guy a little bit darker. I also fixed a background tile problem. Well it wasn't really a problem, I optimized the display by deleting unneeded tiles. So now the game looks like this:

I went to bed at 6am and woke up at 4pm and I choked on one of my pills again. I don't know why I don't choke on them every day, only sometimes. It was horrible trying to gasp for air and not having it come. Every time I choke on something and rush to the bathroom, the dog comes in and wonders what I'm doing. When I am able to speak, I say "I'm okay." And then I went for my walk again. And my thighs hurt again. Hopefully now that I have the daily bad stuff out of my way, I don't have any more coming today.

Attached thumbnail(s)
  • blogentry-9475-0-92632700-1493425396.png

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-13825-oranges-update/