IGNORED

Might start collecting 8-Bit...

Hi there... This is kind of odd for me since I've never posted here before that I know of. Like a whole new website...

My goal as a classic gamer is to collect all the games my brother played as a kid (he died a year ago). I remember as a kid that he had an Atari 800 (I think) and I use to play some games with him on it. I was around 4 at the time.

So I was wondering, what are some worth while games? Also, what games were people playing back then. Thats most likely the ones my bro had.

There are a few signs.

If he like to CRANK the volume of the games up, they were probably mostly arcade ports.

If he often mumbled incoherently to himself, it was puzzle games.

Locking yourself in the room for weeks on end is a sure sign of an RPG or text game player.

Constantly complaining about the games not being current was usually an indication of sports games. Earlier sports games that didn't feature real rosters can still be noted by the number of broken controllers laying around.

If he could trash you in board or card games, strategy might have been his flavor. "You" meaning whoever he was playing against, that is. ;)

How am I supposed to know? I think pretty classic games. My mom remembers games like Pole Position, Star Raiders, etc. Has Donkey Kong too, which I've found in my closet.

Now to find the computer.

Your MOM remembers games like "Pole Position", "Star Raiders", and "Donkey Kong"? Geez. I'm REALLY getting old! :)

Archived