IGNORED

Cheetah Brand Joysticks

sixersfan105

They also made "character"/movie tie-in joysticks such as Batman, Terminator, and Alien 3:1ca6b9cc3539d19cf316357b96886bcc.jpg

As a fan of the Alien movies in general and Alien 3 in particular (yeah, yeah...), I must have this.

Wow that's amazing! Make it happen! Ah yeah looks like that's part of their "CharacteriStick" line, or "range," per the Brits. They think of everything across the pond, don't they?

• Like 1

The Alien 3 stick looks like a nightmare to actually use--and prone to failure, if I had to guess; I'm betting they're pretty cheaply made with crappy little dome switches--but I need it just to display. (And occasionally use to play Alien, of course. :-D)

• Like 2

They also made "character"/movie tie-in joysticks such as Batman, Terminator, and Alien 3:

1ca6b9cc3539d19cf316357b96886bcc.jpg

As a fan of the Alien movies in general and Alien 3 in particular (yeah, yeah...), I must have this.

I have only ever seen that one once, I sold it over 10 years ago. Mine did not have that sticker though.

• Like 1

I have only ever seen that one once, I sold it over 10 years ago. Mine did not have that sticker though.

There is a Homer or Bart Simpson one as well IIRC. A decade or more ago some guy on ebay had a bunch of them all.

EDIT: Found it, it was Bart:

photo3.png

Edited by Shawn
  • Like 1

For a time I had the 'annihilator' that they made for Commodore as the pack in controller for their failed Commodore GS. It was the worst joystick I've ever seen. The plastic was cheap and brittle so any kind of firm grip would just snap it, and the stick itself wobbled all over the place with no tactile feedback as to when a direction is pressed. It was so bad you could hold the base and just lean it in the direction you wanted to move (and hope it didn't roll over to press another at the same time).

From what I've seen the majority of their sticks, including the moulded character ones, are based on the same shoddy designs.

Maybe their other designs are a bit better but I can't imagine they would have ever produced a controller that had value outside of being a novelty.

Edited by SmittyB

For a time I had the 'annihilator' that they made for Commodore as the pack in controller for their failed Commodore GS. It was the worst joystick I've ever seen. The plastic was cheap and brittle so any kind of firm grip would just snap it, and the stick itself wobbled all over the place with no tactile feedback as to when a direction is pressed. It was so bad you could hold the base and just lean it in the direction you wanted to move (and hope it didn't roll over to press another at the same time).

From what I've seen the majority of their sticks, including the moulded character ones, are based on the same shoddy designs.

Maybe their other designs are a bit better but I can't imagine they would have ever produced a controller that had value outside of being a novelty.

Good to know. Thanks man! I think I will pass on purchasing "The Bug" after reading your feedback but will keep an eye out for the novelty character sticks.