Miner 2049er.

Espial.

MB gamevision label.

--------------------

Hangman.

Connect Four.

Yahtzee.

Zero Zap.

NIB Atarisoft titles are ALWAYS on eBay (quashing the myth of them being "rare" in any way - except maybe Joust, where "rare" is an understatement). If they are not listed right now, give it a day or two and they will be. They range from about 10 € for Picnic Paranoia to 70 € for Pac-Man (paying more than 40 € is silly).

Miner2049 is also pretty common, appearing with box and manual about 5 or 6 times a year in the 40 € range...sealed, is another story and good luck with that, but a complete box/manual/cartridge will be an easy find.

Espial, easily the worst commercial game port ever made for the TI (desperately needing a Rasmus remake - because the original arcade game is actually pretty good) only appears a couple times a year, but when it does it rarely sells for under 200 €. (You know what they say about a fool and his money.) Would be surprised if someone has a sealed copy that they will part with it.

I found all three Parker brothers games sealed in the 60 € range, but I ALWAYS remove shrink wrap, so I've probably contributed to making the sealed varieties more valuable. Also, as the folks here at atariage already know, you're missing one of the best Parker Brothers games (Tutankham), for which you can get a brand spanking new cartridge (sorry the box and manual never existed) over at arcadeshopper.com...if you're going to collect you may as well have the COMPLETE collection (well, so far anyway - still waiting for Super Cobra to make a surprise appearance (please oh please gentle TI gods, Parker Bros games are so friggin' kick-a$$...we NEED Super Cobra!)). Take note that Parker Brothers boxes are built like brick sh*thouses, and you will have no trouble finding pristine packaging sealed or not!

As far as sealed copies of the Gamevision titles. Good luck with that. I'm sure you can find them at an affordable price - if your last name is Rockerfeller that is. (As mentioned elsewhere, there are only about 4 Yahtzees out there, so be prepared to cut a major sized cheque).

Since it sounds like you're going for high value collectibles (besides the Atarisoft and Parker Brothers carts, which are simply not high value by any stretch), I HIGHLY recommend you add Funware and DataBioTics titles to your list. While Funware's Rabbit Trail and Ambulance are VERY common, titles like St Nick and video Vegas are VERY rare. Also, Schnozolla, Ant Colony and Shanghai prototypes were also found about a decade ago...careful though fakes of the latter show up from time to time (fake in as much as they are not the original cartridges...they will still load and play, but it doesn't sound like that's what you plan to do with them).

As far as DataBioTics, they'll range anywhere from $30 for a game like Junkman Jr, to $700 for something like Spot Shot. But be aware, there are no boxes for DataBioTics titles, they were originally sold in zip-lock bags. They are also among the best TI games ever produced (although you'd never guess by the hand-drawn manuals and dot-matrix labels.

Finally, you might also want to look for Romox titles. Not a big fan of their games myself (except Anteater and Roto-rooter which are OK), but they do show up NIB (at collectible premium prices) from time to time.

OR you can spend 40 € on a FlashRom99 and have all of these games (and more) on a single SD card (albeit at no resale value aside from the value of a blank SD)

Edited by PeBo
  • Like 4

@PeBo thanks for the info, all taken on board , in the past most of the titles I've listed had in my collection, sadly about 8 yrs ago was mad to sell them off on eBay.

Tigervision Espial had in a mint box, if I remember right sold it for around £40. Now I'm expecting to pay at least four times that.

Only DataBioTics cartridge had in my collection was MiniWriter II with the printer cable.

@Opry99er your safe with those items at the moment, looking at getting other items

Thank you for the comments, much appreciated.

Andrew.

yuppers, Spot Shot/Dragonflyer, Q-Maze/Jumpy, Escape/King of Castle, Love Tennis/Micro Tennis/Tennis, Beyond Parsec/Beyond Space...and I'm missing a few. They also re-released duplicates of titles that were also released by Exceltec, sometimes renaming them, other times just re-releasing them with the same name.

Would love to know the story behind the multiple names, and the DBT relationship with Exeltec.

Actually, I'd love to know the story behind DBT itself if anyone knows it. Thanks to them, we DID get popular titles like Spy's Demise and Jumpman Jr, and most of their games were actually really good. But I can find little information about them. For example, I have no idea if they had staff coders, or if they just published and distributed for independents, Did they have any copyright problems as a result of their many clones, or did they buy the rights (can't see Epyx just handing over Jumpman Jr, even though DBT did finally make changes to the name and the graphics for Junkman Jr (DBT also had a more graphically accurate clone entitled Jumpman Jr, that never made it to cartridge).

I also learned that you can't count on their labels...I bought Micro Pinball, but got Micro Pinball II...thought I may have gotten a modern day burned eprom in a recycled case, but when I opened it, the board clearly said DBT, so I think they just recycled the label.

It is a collection (their games anyway) that I'd like to get as complete as possible, although I'm not sure if I'd get all the alternate named games for the one I already have. The collector in me says yes, but the practical gamer just says that's silly.

Whoever they were, and however they acquired the titles they published, they helped keep the 4A alive by continuing to release software cartridges for it well into the late 80's. As I've said elsewhere, I wish they would have had a bigger pesence up here...I would have likely had held onto the 99 a few years longer if I knew I could get games like Micro Tennis, Spy's Demise and Jumpman Jr.

Please don't collect Funware boxes/manuals... I am still looking for boxes and manuals for my full set. Currently I am cartridge only, but hope to remedy that someday. I don't need competition. :D

sorry dude, no calling dibs!

I'd actually re-buy a couple of mine to get the boxes/manuals.. I have the CIB's of Henhouse and Rabbit Trail, but really want the same for Driving Demon, Video Vegas and (believe it or not) Ambulance (for which I only have the cartridge for some reason)...and St Nick is my personal holy grail as I'm still looking for the cartridge with or without the box.

sorry dude, no calling dibs!

I'd actually re-buy a couple of mine to get the boxes/manuals.. I have the CIB's of Henhouse and Rabbit Trail, but really want the same for Driving Demon, Video Vegas and (believe it or not) Ambulance (for which I only have the cartridge for some reason)...and St Nick is my personal holy grail as I'm still looking for the cartridge with or without the box.

These are my boxed carts... i also have other funware games i have without box but anyway missing VideoVegas :P who have a spare for me please ? :)

post-24673-0-13802900-1493751807_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Not quite as impressive, but beautiful in its own right:

Video Vegas, baby. ;)

Tell ya what, I'll trade you a CIB Personal Record Keeping AND a CIB Securities analysis for your ST Nick cart.

C'mon, that's two for one...how about if I also include a bunch of Parsec's (purple label, pink label, white cart, black cart)

;-)

• Like 1