Photo

Opcode Games news bulletin May 2017

colecovision opcode super game module sgm penguin adventure pac man dx donkey kong arcade prometheus

26 replies to this topic

#26 Bmack36 OFFLINE  

Bmack36

Moonsweeper

• 267 posts

Posted Sun May 14, 2017 7:41 PM

While I sent Yurkie a PM, I realize he is probably busy. Now that I have done a little more reading, I take it the F-18A mod is a straight up VGA connection. Is one better than the other (RGB). I do not have the skills (or time) to install something myself.

If they both work with the SGM, that is great.... but I assume neither works the 2600 expansion module.

I am holding off a bit to hear back from Yurkie regarding options before I pre-order the SGM. My CV is in very bad shape... and it may be worth seeing if I can get something from him outright rather than trying to work with mine.

The F18a is a VGA connection although I also have an option to have a VGA to HDMI scalar built into the system so that the system outputs HDMI. The SGM is fully compatible with the F18a upgrade. The 2600 module does require a separate video connection either through the RF output or a separate composite mod.

#27 cybercylon OFFLINE  

cybercylon

Stargunner

• 1,918 posts

Posted Fri May 19, 2017 2:59 PM

Yurkie has a VGA modded console on hand, so I went with that. I might gone with RGB having done more reading, but our sets all have VGA in, so okay with that.

Opcode... I have pre-ordered for the fourth run. Sounds like you may need to do a little rebranding... sheesh.  The saga with the Coleco name from the Chameleon debacle never ends.....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: colecovision, opcode, super game module, sgm, penguin adventure, pac man dx, donkey kong arcade, prometheus

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users