IGNORED

Were You Mentioned / Featured in an Atari magazine?

After reading -- and enjoying -- the "What were you thinking, Vic George 2K3" thread, I began to wonder if any other AAer had ever written to (or submitted an article to) an Atari-specific magazine. Post links here and take a trip down memory lane!

My embarrassing contribution to the world of Atari:

http://www.atarimagazines.com/v7n8/hell.html

I loved that game! It's a pleasure to be able to chat with its author. :)

I was 15 when I submitted those three variations of the Casten game; the prize, unfortunately, was just that month's disk (I was a disk subscriber at the time.) The "Casten Game Disk" came later, I think.

I remember the Escape from Hell! game! I played it to death. Don't think I ever tried your variation though, David. Care to post some screenshots?  :D

God, they were just awful; the competition must've been sparse for that competition. :) "House of 31 Flavours" was very colourful, though.

I don't think I have those anymore, though.

God, they were just awful; the competition must've been sparse for that competition.  :) "House of 31 Flavours" was very colourful, though.

After reading about "House of 31 Flavours" I started working on a game titled Elmo the Eskimo. I liked the idea you had. I saw my original write up of this (source code + character set) when going through some old things at my parents and I got a good laugh. Maybe I could bring this to life on the 2600 now.

I never played Escape From Hell. I didn't get that issue. I'll try to fire it up in an emulator and give it a try.

Congrats on appearing in an Atari magazine. I think it would have been neat to have my name appear in print but I was not that good a programmer. I used to create little text games but that was about it.

Yes, congrats on 'Escape from Hell', I loved it!

Are 'Atari Interface' magazines online yet? I have an article in one of the last, maybe THE last issue of that magazine. It was a newsprint, comic book style mag by then, but still as thick with good information as always...

The title was 'Why you should keep your 8-bit', or something like that, I have a copy upstairs. Basically just an apolegetic reasoning for people not to leave the 8-bit behind when finally upgrading to a larger Atari, or Apple or PC. This was before the Pentium. I also did a regular column, for about 3 or 4 months anyway, in the AAAUG (?) user' group newsletter on graphic art on the 8-bit. (Austin Area Atari User's Group? Have to find my old copies of that to remember for sure. It had a disk sent in each month with graphic picture files of art I had done. I no longer have any of my artwork, so it would be nice to see if I could track it down in some PD FTP site somewhere...the group had a library archive of some sort and they sent out monthly, or so, disks to the user group members, so my stuff may be out there...

After reading -- and enjoying -- the "What were you thinking, Vic George 2K3" thread, I began to wonder if any other AAer had ever written to (or submitted an article to) an Atari-specific magazine. Post links here and take a trip down memory lane!

My embarrassing contribution to the world of Atari:

http://www.atarimagazines.com/v7n8/hell.html

Now that I read it completely!!

WOW! that is some nice work to be mentioned twice and have 2 paragraphs for yourself!

The atari zone was mentioned in numerous other fanzines (2600 connection and some others I can't remember)

but if your mean like big mags: The Atari Zone was reviewed by arnie katz

in VGCE,Computer Games, and Electronic Games(the 2nd release not the first ones they did way back when).

I know it's not atari magaine but Ijust thought you people would like to know when The atari Zone fanzine started to get noticed.

Dan Iacovelli

Archived