IGNORED

Help with Multicom Combo II

droor

Hello All,

New to the forum. I have recently dug out all the TI99 stuff I had as a kid and am trying to get it all set up (along with some newly added stuff). I found my old Multicom sidecar - with the 32k, RS232 and Parallel - at the bottom of a box :( and it will not power up. There is a light on the front that won't light and the computer won't detect it when connected to the TI. Does anyone have or know a way of getting my hands on any schematics or diagrams of the boards and circuits in these units? I would love to get this thing working again. I remember how ecstatic I was when I got it for Christmas back in '87 I believe it was.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

David

• Like 1

I have a couple of those. They require a 9 volt A/C not d/c adapter. You should have a little 2 pin connector at the rear of the device. You need to have it powered on before you turn on the computer so it is detected.

Mine actually has a phono jack plug instead of the two pin plug, (upgrade or update?). I know I used to have the PS for it, maybe with the outside casing, will have to look some after this weekend in my semi trailer storage.

Sorry, I am thinking of the box car, my Multicom also needs the adapter shown here, and I may still find it in the same area :grin: . But it does not have a phone plug power connector. My mistake.

Edited by RickyDean