Photo

Lotharek drive for the TI

hardware

30 replies to this topic

#26 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

--- Ω ---

• 9,962 posts
  • Location:Virgo Supercluster, Gould Belt in the Orion arm of Milky Way galaxy.

Posted Tue May 23, 2017 10:05 AM

Dude, classic P.E. box is always horizontal! Bah. :)

I would guess that most people would probably agree with you, but I'm not gonna take poll! ;)

For me, I like the TI as a tower...

Attached Files

#27 arcadeshopper ONLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• 2,191 posts

Posted Tue May 23, 2017 11:21 AM

Okay, so I got my drive today. It hooked up and worked right out of the gate!

Some stuff:
- I left the config for generic Shugart, that works fine. Right?
- It turned out my old laptop had an SD card reader built in, very cool!
- Sadly, my Extended BASIC 2.7 suite cartridge doesn't work with a Corcomp FDC. It just beeps continuously. Probably an issue with it overriding the master title screen
- I got a nasty gap on the right side now. I would put a half height floppy in there but I don't have a cable that has both a 3.5 and a 5.25 connector so close and in the right orientation. Unless I can use one that has the twist?
- I got an external floppy case and power supply that I hooked up for a DSK3. It works great, although the Lotharek doesn't like it turned on first.

hold space on eb27 on power on it should avoid the autostart

Bob has replacement corcomp roms to fix that takeover if you are using a peb card

you can't use the twist.. need one with both connectors on all three spots thats what I've found works best

#28 adamantyr OFFLINE  

adamantyr

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,042 posts

Posted Yesterday, 8:46 PM

Well damn it...

So I copy several converted HFE files to my SD card tonight, and now my Lotharek isn't working AT ALL! :( Every single one says "disk not initialized" in Disk Manager. Even one that was working two nights ago!

Anyone have any suggestions? The PDF for the drive is woefully unhelpful when it comes to troubleshooting.

#29 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

--- Ω ---

• 9,962 posts

Posted Yesterday, 8:59 PM

Well damn it...

Anyone have any suggestions? 

Did you press the little red button in the middle to select the image?

#30 adamantyr OFFLINE  

adamantyr

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,042 posts

Posted Yesterday, 9:35 PM

I got it to work again... the disk cable came loose. it seems to come loose REALLY easily. :/ I just got it set back up in the drive nice and neat next to a half-height 5 1/4" drive and it must have gotten disconnected again. Sigh...

And now my push button on my P.E. Box is sticking. And the work on-call needed my help with something. It's one of those kind of nights...

#31 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

--- Ω ---

• 9,962 posts

Posted Yesterday, 9:47 PM

It's one of those kind of nights...

Dontcha just love all the time consuming re-do's?  We've all been there a time or two.  I'm glad you are back up and operational.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hardware

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users