1. 1. ATARRRRRRI

• Buried Buck$
    • Snokie
    • Gateway to Asphai
    • Warhawk
    • Carlsson's Mixed Bag

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Buried Buck$

Bomb holes and grab the $s. Info My info has last played in season 5 - I thought we had played this more recently :ponder:

buried_bucks.png

Snokie

?!

snokie.png

Gateway to Apshai

Interesting!

gateway_to_apshai.png

Warhawk

Candidate for the most intense shooter ever. I see this has been fixed by Fandal not sure what for as it used to work just fine on cassette!

warhawk.png

Carlson's Mixed Bag:

I did something unusual. I utilized a random number generator to first select 5 different letters, then based on how many entries there are on each letter on Atarimania, I randomized which game in order to pick. I added two rules: if the entry I ended up with is missing, looks like a non-game, an adventure or strategy game without scoring I picked the closest action game next to it, either above or below. I also ran it across the HSC ratings to minimize the chance either game has been played before.

These were my five random picks, which I haven't even downloaded to try myself so far so they may be entirely crap or unplayable for a HSC perspective:

Fortune Hunter - has some graphics bugs, but is kind of playable in its simplicity

Joe a Ptaci - unable to understand the controls, but slow as crap (BASIC game)

Let's Hop - this one is a Bounder clone that counts score, time and distance, quite playable actually!

Oh! Frankie! - not that fun, although it has some playability value

Pyromania - BASIC game, slow but simple

Edit: Updated with some playability notes. Most of those picks would be terrible in the HSC, but Let's Hop is worth voting for, perhaps as a bonus game to Yoomp! or something similar.

Snokie is a lot of fun, but I'm not sure it would hold interest for 2 weeks. Would definitely need a bonus game in there.

Buried Bucks is fun too. Gets real challenging around level 4 or 5. But it's been played before. Hmmm...

Gateway to Apshai...I might have to duck for cover on this one. It's ok, but not my cup o' tea.

Warhawk: Haven't been able to get it up and running on Altirra yet. Might have to play with the settings a bit.

Mixed Bag: Interesting idea. Haven't tried those yet...but the reviews on them look less than appealing. LOL!

Decided to go with Snokie.

• Like 1