IGNORED

ATARI - BITCOIN ACCEPTED HERE

w1k

You can't run an .XEX file on a CP/M machine.

Well,

if the Altair 8800 version were written with Altair Basic, I guess it would work fine with the A8 version of Microsoft Basic...

Besides, I think NDary`s version has been created with standard Atari Basic and some Control+letter chars. (e.g. Control-Q, Control-W, Control-E, Control-R, Control-Z, Control-C, Control-V, Control-B, Control-N, Control-M, etc.)... compile it and you have an XEX file...

On a not so funny side note...

Shortly before I joined Atariage, I purchased $20 in bitcoin. It was something like a quarter of a cent per coin, so I have 8000 bitcoins lying around on a computer. Fast forward to the present, and here I am, looking for my wallet.dat file. There are literally hundreds of drives still sitting in stacks of computers at my location. To top it off, there is a chance that I could have hidden my wallet.dat in a file or (hopefully) zipped it up.

Im an infrastructure architect, with tons of backups lying around. Was I too secretive? Did I record the file somewhere safe to be lost forever? Old 256MB flash drive? Roaming profile? Old desktop?

The feeling is completely overwhelming and its difficult to think straight.

What do I do?

Edited by fibrewire

I'd set up a machine with an external drive bay and start it searching. I'm pretty sure there are utilities that will search zip's as well.

That's a pretty solid idea. I can just run a few drives a day and hope for the best. Unfortuantely I need to brush up on raid as the old file server was decommissioned and someone pulled all the drives out if it. That's probably where the data is going to be.