IGNORED

Coleco strong-arming homebrew publishers and fan sites

TPR

Well according to this GI Joe database there was only one official release of the Black Major GI Joe:

The Toymaker just goes by that name. Think of it as a forum handle.

- How can someone be so hypocritical as to try to criticize homebrew developers for selling their products while he himself is guilty of doing the exact same thing.

- Shouldn't Chris Cardillo actually have a BETTER UNDERSTANDING of why the ColecoVision homebrew community produces the games they do if he is also collecting and selling homebrew items?

This is why this is so fucked up. It's clueless behavior on Chris' part AT BEST.

• Like 1

Hisstank.com is a great resource for GIJoe items. Plug the text "black major customs site:hisstank.com" into your google search and you will find all kinds of info. Essentially, a fan calls himself Black Major after the character from GIJoe (originally a character from the European version of GIJoe called Action Force) which is the picture shared from yojoe.com above.

Black Major (the fan) has somehow gotten ahold of the plastic molds from certain GIJoe figures and has a factory in China creating reproductions of these figures (rumored to be the factory where the original toys were produced). These are frequently released in alternate colors than their original releases, but have sometimes in the past been near identical to authentic figures.

EDIT: I see one of the hisstank.com threads is already shared above.

Edited by NicholasPrime
  • Like 1

I doubt Cardillo could even afford a lawyer. If only Mike Kennedy had a law degree!

Author of "Study Less and Earn A’s Without Effort", doesn't need a lawyer

Apparently the man himself in on

91 user(s) are browsing this forum

15 members, 75 guests, 0 anonymous users

Edited by enoofu
  • Like 1

Well, it was a pain in the rear but I did my civic duty and reported all those fake bootleg infringing figures on ebay. Anyhow, I'm sure they were being listed by accident, because I can't imagine someone so concerned with protecting trademarks would be .....

oh who am I kidding.

• Like 2

So it seems HissTank has been polluted with... his stank.

Hisstank.com is a very good site for Joe fans but yes, he does appear to have a profile there.

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/members/chris-cardillo-62938/albums/my-book-2488/

Considering he was getting on Pat's case for use of the Nintendo trademark on Pat's fan book, should he have been using the G.I.Joe one here?

Regarding his "reproduction figures" that he is selling on ebay, check out the 8th post and then Chris' own response on this yojoe forums thread:

http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=68443

Edited by NicholasPrime
  • Like 2

Yeah funny

Chris Cardillo 2009 Quotes

"had 3 eBay names since 1998 and EVERY account had a 100% rating"

" I do not sell fake items"

"As far as the hundreds of bogus trooper figures, I plan on using them in dioramas. "

"I would like to accept your welcoming. AS far as the viper pilot auction, i took the item down because it's illegal to buy and sell bootleg items"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clearly bootleg Chinese goods since its in the hundreds

Here is a example of the black majors he is currently selling to original and note the trademarks

Edited by enoofu
  • Like 1

Appears from GI Joe forums that Cardillo is the front man for Black Majors/Red Viper Brand in the US

Which are Hasbro figures molds , IE Hasbro Copyrighted figures with Hasbro Trademarks used without permission

I'm beginning to think that all the face-palming I've done this week is the reason I have such a horrible headache tonight. His ridiculousness reaches new heights each day and I've apparently given myself whiplash.

• Like 1

Speaking of that, I heard a story, not sure if it's true or not...

A guy goes out and buys a new all-in-one printer, hooks it up, fills out the registration, etc.

This printer is also internet capable and hooked to his router.

He sticks a $50.00 bill in for scanning, the printer will not scan it.. even after multiple attempts.

The next day Feds are knocking on his door about suspected counterfeiting activity.

Apparently his new printer told on him.

I scanned a $20 bill when I was a freshman in college, circa '99 (old 20s, not sure about the new ones) and the image showed a duck nested in Andrew Jackson's hair. I pulled the bill off the scanner and looked at it and the duck was gone. I still to this day have figured out how the Bureau of Printing and Engraving superimposed a duck into the image that only renders visible when placed on a flatbed scanner... :ponder:
  • Like 1

Regarding his "reproduction figures" that he is selling on ebay, check out the 8th post and then Chris' own response on this yojoe forums thread:

http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=68443

I recommend reading the thread NicholasPrime linked to above - I was laughing so hard at Cardillo's responses I fell off my chair.

• Like 2

Appears from GI Joe forums that Cardillo is the front man for Black Majors/Red Viper Brand in the US

Is there any proof to this? Because in this thread he claims he is not: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=148371

Although later in the thread someone tries to uncover that it may be him, but there is no proof that I've seen.

Is there any proof to this? Because in this thread he claims he is not: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=148371

Although later in the thread someone tries to uncover that it may be him, but there is no proof that I've seen.

Well, I would say by looking through his ebay feedback and the huge amount of these bootlegs he is pushing out the door, its a pretty good indication.

Well, I would say by looking through his ebay feedback and the huge amount of these bootlegs he is pushing out the door, its a pretty good indication.

Right. But to be fair, saying he's the "front man" for these bootleg action figures because he's selling them on eBay is just as unfair as saying I am the "producer" for homebrew games just because I'm featuring them on my fan page. Before anything gets posted criticizing someone, it's important there are facts to back things up. Because if not, you're just stooping to the level Cardillo has in erroneously making claims to things that aren't factually correct.

• Like 5

This thread reminds me of some old sayings....

1) It's better to laugh with someone than to be laughed at.

2) Do as I say, not as I do.

3) Be careful of the poo that you sling, because it may come back and hit you in the face.

4) Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

5) Don't be annoying or easily annoyed.

6 ) If it sounds too good to be true it usually is.

• Like 5