IGNORED

Coleco strong-arming homebrew publishers and fan sites

TPR

Holy cow, I NEED some of that tape; I'm on my way to the Appliance Repair Shop for some Scotch Brand #33 Plastic Electrical Tape to fix all my sparking, exploding TVs so my gal will watch with me on uncomfortable chairs in fancy clothes...

The part I thought was most funny was that he was putting the electrical tape around a wire made out of fabric that is connected to a lamp. So, it didn't look like he was just making a repair but also making it less of a fire hazard in only one spot of the wire. Well, kind of because he didn't inspect the condition of the wire under the burnt fabric and just taped it up which isn't really repairing anything. A real repair would be removing that fabric garbage off the entire wire, fixing the burnt part of the wire, and then putting the tape on the wire.

I also thought it was funny because it made me laugh at myself. I know that if I were to time travel and do a repair like that the person would be thinking something like,"But it is a lamp. It is suppose to be pretty because it is furniture. My couch, carpet, rug, etc. are all made out of fabric. Should I remove that too because of a fire hazard? Then why should I remove the fabric on the wire to my lamp and prefer an ugly black wire?" But then some kid today could tell me my preference for CRT's with retro gaming doesn't make sense because it is an environmental hazard, wouldn't get why I would prefer the look of an Atari VCS over just emulating it in a tiny plain box, etc. while I would be thinking,"But..But... They are furniture! This stuff is suppose to look pretty! Should a game room look like an environmentally friendly and sanitized hospital room? No thanks!"

• Like 2

cyclonesample1.jpg

Looks very poorly made, as you can tell it has style ques from a certain Gi Joe Figure, cough cough

Helmet doesn' fits and the stickers looks like they went down a toilet bowl

Also odd that it from the Robotech from MOSPEADA

Here's what it should look like

randcyc.gif

Edited by enoofu
  • Like 1

Looking at their "team" I'm guessing most of them were somehow involved with his stupid music videos.

That would be a "yep" for example: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm7739543/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

And here's her Twitter: https://twitter.com/JainaStriker

Full of fake Twitter followers:

Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 04.36.15.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-19 at 20.12.35.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-19 at 20.12.21.png

And that goes on for pages and pages and pages... How stupid are these people to not realize how insanely OBVIOUS it is when you have "fake" social media followers? I mean, someone with 34k Twitter followers should get some decent engagement on their posts, but her recent tweets have almost nothing:

Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 04.39.01.png

That tells you this is a fake, smoke in mirrors account, just like the rest of Coleco's social channels.

• Like 1

Um

Pointing out lame twitter engagement stats seems like fair play. Naming and shaming real people does not.

Please don't consider this "aiding and abetting the enemy," but does anyone else think that doxing employees of a private company is a little creepy and over the line?

Nope, since Coleco is basically a customer support unit of a medium sized window company

Was to show these people have no experience in toys, computer games, and promoting these categories of products

Odder yet is why Chris would even post that page

Edited by enoofu

One thing I find bizarre is that they refer to themselves / the company as "Coleco Vision" and not "Coleco". The pages even have "© 2017 Coleco Vision" at the bottom. When you claim copyright do you not have to use the name of an actual entity such as "Coleco Holdings LLC" for it to be valid? "Coleco Vision" doesn't even match the trademark they claim to own as they have inserted a space in it and have done so throughout the site.

Perhaps, in this case, it would be more appropriate to use "© 2017 Castle Windows Vision" seeing as that's who they really are - LOL.

• Like 3

I may be a bit of a "lone voice in the wilderness" - and I think there have been some pretty dirty deeds done dirt cheap, so to speak. But I'd like to point out that mob behaviour is also ugly. If you have something genuine to add to the information about the shoddy behaviour of others, then by all means it's valuable to post here. Emotions run strong, and I think the community has been shafted - but also I would caution that there are real people on the other side of that screen you're looking at. If there's illegal behaviour then get lawyers and police onto it. Point it out. But I do believe that people who have made mistakes in their past life (like, for instance, an incident many years ago with a minor theft from a relative) do have some right to privacy once they have paid their penance to society. I guess I'd sum it up by saying "don't get nasty; get even". So on a personal note - I feel driven to say - I want no part of this and I refuse to descend to the level of the other guys. Please consider your posts carefully, because they also reflect on you.

• Like 9

Actually, I think it's slightly less awful than it was the last time I saw i...

Wait.... what... is... that...?

:lol: :rolling: :lolblue:

Oh man! Cardillyo's pic is "teh awesome!"

attachicon.gifchris-cardillo.jpg

Flashin' the CV gangsta sign. You go with your bad self, and such.

Hmmm... "Rainbow Brite has begun moving down the ColecoVision pipleline."

Wonder which pipeline that might be? :ponder:

The butthole???

Moving on, some preview footage of the Rainbow Brite game has emerged. Definitely a top-down adventure style though there's not enough footage to gauge the gameplay. I don't see any combat mechanics displayed here either. I assume she has the ability to defend herself?

I would honestly rather play this on NES cart than a minicade, if we ever get that option. Since Bob is doing the game on commission, I doubt he retains ownership of the ROM or has authority to do a homebrew physical release but we'll see. He could get boards and shells from INL if need be.

• Like 1

Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse but with 72 pages I may have missed the answer to this question ... what platform are they planning on releasing the Rainbow Brite game for? It can't be ColecoVision right? I mean, last time I checked Rainbow Brite was a girls toy line ( am I right ) and I doubt there are that many girls that have a vintage ColecoVision ready to go?

Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse but with 72 pages I may have missed the answer to this question ... what platform are they planning on releasing the Rainbow Brite game for? It can't be ColecoVision right? I mean, last time I checked Rainbow Brite was a girls toy line ( am I right ) and I doubt there are that many girls that have a vintage ColecoVision ready to go?

I doubt RWB would be interested in making a Coleco Vision cartridge. Although a little girl in 1983 could be in her 40s now. They have hinted a standalone tabletop game.
  • Like 1

I doubt RWB would be interested in making a Coleco Vision cartridge. Although a little girl in 1983 could be in her 40s now. They have hinted a standalone tabletop game.

I thought of the 40 year old woman factor but I would assume that they are marketing to young girls ... ah yes the Tabletops, I forgot about those.

Arcade mini seems the most likely.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/266511-new-rainbow-bright-game/?p=3781078

coleco-donkey-kong.jpg

Appears they are doing it on mini's and some other system

I keep hearing NES or SNES, but I'm also not sure why they would release it on a long outdated system rather than something modern like Steam or an Android/ iOS app for rainbow brite.

I keep hearing NES or SNES, but I'm also not sure why they would release it on a long outdated system rather than something modern like Steam or an Android/ iOS app for rainbow brite.

They did say it's cartridge based but the same problems arises with those systems. Other than probably grown woman in their 40's that collect retro, what young female child today has access to a NES or even a SNES in the house?