2416 replies to this topic

#1976 Flojomojo OFFLINE  

Flojomojo

I say boom boom boom

• 9,658 posts
  • You say bam bam bam

Posted Wed Jul 5, 2017 2:04 PM

3. You began your sentence with "Soo." 

If Phillipa Soo were a guest at Coleco Expo, I'd hold my nose and "buy a ticket online" too!

#1977 NicholasPrime OFFLINE  

NicholasPrime

Space Invader

• 20 posts
  • Longtime Lurker

Posted Wed Jul 5, 2017 2:17 PM

Yes, still seems pretty clear to me. COLECO™ seems to have stopped "doing its business" (in the sense of what my dog does on your lawn) on the community.

TPR, did they ever rescind the complaints on the facebook page you run?

#1978 DuggerVideoGames OFFLINE  

DuggerVideoGames

Moonsweeper

• 466 posts

Posted Wed Jul 5, 2017 3:32 PM

They've already admitted to running their so-called "fan" page (which frankly is grounds for termination of the page), then they pretend to be "fans" or "customers" who buy tickets to their own expo.  What's the matter, Cardillo?  Was your aunt or mother too busy to say how dope the expo tickets were for you?

Here's a little lesson in Marketing 101 from the master to help you clueless baboons...

#1979 Flojomojo OFFLINE  

Flojomojo

I say boom boom boom

• 9,658 posts
  • You say bam bam bam

Posted Wed Jul 5, 2017 3:33 PM

Ney Nicholas, Colecostan™ likes 80s anime, too!

the nation of colecostan loves robotech.png

#1980 TPR OFFLINE  

TPR

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,652 posts

Posted Wed Jul 5, 2017 7:28 PM

TPR, did they ever rescind the complaints on the facebook page you run?

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

#1981 TPR OFFLINE  

TPR

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,652 posts

Posted Wed Jul 5, 2017 8:00 PM

If Phillipa Soo were a guest at Coleco Expo, I'd hold my nose and "buy a ticket online" too!

"History is happening in Manhattan and we just happen to be in the greatest city in the world!"

Nah, I still wouldn't buy a ticket to the Expo.  

#1982 NicholasPrime OFFLINE  

NicholasPrime

Space Invader

• 20 posts
  • Longtime Lurker

Posted Thu Jul 6, 2017 1:22 PM

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

I figured not. Just getting an update.

#1983 Kosmic Stardust OFFLINE  

Kosmic Stardust

Princess Rescuer

• 15,118 posts

Posted Sat Jul 8, 2017 11:14 PM

River West Brands will never rescind their claims. It doesn't fit their corporate style to be wrong, ever, even when they are just keep going against the grain and pretent nobody takes notice. I'll happily paddle my canoe up river or hike up on the down escalator pretending to make progress...

@TPR: Just take your lumps and keep blogging with pertinent logos or brand references obfuscated or otherwise stripped out of the photos and texts. These asshats will dig their own grave before long...

#1984 Flojomojo OFFLINE  

Flojomojo

I say boom boom boom

• 9,658 posts
  • You say bam bam bam

Posted Sun Jul 9, 2017 5:02 AM

I agree that they won't rescind that original strike, but I've also noticed they've learned to STFU and stop digging themselves deeper into their self-created hole of bad public relations. It was truly entertaining for a while there!

#1985 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

Quadrunner

• 10,363 posts

Posted Sun Jul 9, 2017 5:55 AM

@TPR   To me all this Coleco stuff with the phoney followers, the fan page and everything else adds up to one thing, and looks (to me) EXACTLY like something a CONMAN would do in perpetrating a fraud to get some unsuspecting schmuck to buy something, in this case a ticket.  If someone did not know about this thread and just casually found their B.S. on the Internet, they might be tricked into wasting their money by the purchase a ticket, only to feel used and abused after attending.

Sometimes people misread the market and make bad business decisions.  In the end the company bites the bullet, takes the loss and moves on ,or goes out of business.  Misrepresenting reality, in essence apparently LYING TO POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS is a real scuzz-bag move in my opinion.  I dunno if it's illegal, but I would say it's totally unethical.

#1986 DuggerVideoGames OFFLINE  

DuggerVideoGames

Moonsweeper

• 466 posts

Posted Sun Jul 9, 2017 10:12 AM

I agree that they won't rescind that original strike, but I've also noticed they've learned to STFU and stop digging themselves deeper into their self-created hole of bad public relations. It was truly entertaining for a while there!

I don't think they learned a damn thing; they're just too busy trying to desperately sell tickets in the meantime.  If they didn't have more important things to do right now, they'd still be their usual jackass selves.

#1987 TPR OFFLINE  

TPR

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,652 posts

Posted Sun Jul 9, 2017 1:52 PM

I don't think they learned a damn thing; they're just too busy trying to desperately sell tickets in the meantime.  If they didn't have more important things to do right now, they'd still be their usual jackass selves.

Sadly I feel there is probably some truth to this.  The "bright shiny object" right now is figuring how to make the Coleo Expo not appear to be a complete joke.  Once that is over there is no telling where their focus may be.  I'd like to *hope* that perhaps maybe they have learned something from all of this and maybe will leave the homebrew community alone and let them keep doing exactly what they were doing for the last 20 years before Cardillo upset everything?  Who knows.  My guess is that sometime in September or October we'll find out the answer...

#1988 Flojomojo OFFLINE  

Flojomojo

I say boom boom boom

• 9,658 posts
  • You say bam bam bam

Posted Sun Jul 9, 2017 2:16 PM

Are you suggesting Rainbow Brite by Coleco™ isn't going to disrupt the industry?

#1989 Swami OFFLINE  

Swami

Dragonstomper

• 578 posts

Posted Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:08 AM

Just for the heck of it: Coleco Expo Facebook page...

https://www.facebook...18917411574486/

Do they really only have four posts, one of which is accidental tourist there trying to sell a cabbage patch doll?

#1990 TPR OFFLINE  

TPR

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,652 posts

Posted Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:40 PM

did cardillo finally give up because he realizes he sucks at social media or is he even too stupid to figure that out lol.jpg

So did they just forget to do social media this week or did they finally just give up because they realized they aren't good at it?

#1991 phoenixdownita OFFLINE  

phoenixdownita

River Patroller

• 2,744 posts

Posted Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:39 PM

I venture we really have to go thru the Aug convention to even hope the numnuts would reconsider their position and let TPR take care of his fan-page the way he sees fit.

#1992 RupanIII OFFLINE  

RupanIII

Moonsweeper

• 325 posts

Posted Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:23 PM

I guess it's all on their main FB page... .now showing cosplay chicks, lol. https://www.facebook.com/ColecoToys/

Just for the heck of it: Coleco Expo Facebook page...

https://www.facebook...18917411574486/

Do they really only have four posts, one of which is accidental tourist there trying to sell a cabbage patch doll?

#1993 Great Hierophant ONLINE  

Great Hierophant

Stargunner

• 1,337 posts
  • Scribbler

Posted Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:52 PM

I guess it's all on their main FB page... .now showing cosplay chicks, lol. https://www.facebook.com/ColecoToys/

Do they expect Sophie Reynolds to dress up? She is also all over their main FB page.

I'm surprised no one commented on this :

COLECO will donate 100% of its profits from the Sydney Hunter Cartridge to Free2Luv.
Coleco, the company that brought you some of the coolest games of your childhood, is back and better than ever with new products in development including Rainbow Brite and Robotech as well as the upcoming Retro Gaming & Collectibles Convention. Coleco strongly supports family values and encourages positive development in a diverse and ever-changing world.
Bullying is an age old problem and a Worldwide issue that must be addressed. More specifically, cyberbullying is a particularly vicious form of bullying where the attackers attempt to demoralize their victims on social media and online while often times remaining anonymous.
Coleco has teamed with Free2Luv- a youth empowerment nonprofit organization- to raise awareness of CYBERBULLYING and spread kindness to tackle this complex epidemic. Coleco will be donating 100% of its profits from the Convention Exclusive Sydney Hunter game cartridge to FREE 2 LUV®. Attendees of the Coleco Expo are encouraged to visit the FREE2LUV® booth to #TakethePledge and participate in the #MillionSignMission!

Does anyone find anything hypocritical in this statement?

#1994 TPR OFFLINE  

TPR

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,652 posts

Posted Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:58 PM

I'm surprised no one commented on this :
"COLECO will donate 100% of its profits from the Sydney Hunter Cartridge to Free2Luv."

Does anyone find anything hypocritical in this statement?

It's not only just hypocritical it's very "telling."  Let's be honest here, if they were actually selling copies of the game, they wouldn't be giving their profits away to a charity.  They are doing this because they can't sell the copies they bought from CollectorVision and selling your inventory at zero profit is better than sitting on 150 copies of a game that you've bought, but no one is buying.

The irony here is that it may be one of the smartest things that Cardillo has done in this whole campaign. 

#1995 DuggerVideoGames OFFLINE  

DuggerVideoGames

Moonsweeper

• 466 posts

Posted Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:13 PM

The irony here is that it may be one of the smartest things that Cardillo has done in this whole campaign. 

It's also sickening.  Seeing a moronic bully who obviously doesn't care about anti-bullying just leeching onto it to try to create some goodwill for his brand's name... ugh.  Makes one's stomach turn.

#1996 TPR OFFLINE  

TPR

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,652 posts

Posted Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:20 PM

It's also sickening.  Seeing a moronic bully who obviously doesn't care about anti-bullying just leeching onto it to try to create some goodwill for his brand's name... ugh.  Makes one's stomach turn.

And the fact that he's spamming other Coleco pages with his hypocritical bullshit.  Thankfully he's banned from the ColecoVision Lunatics group which is really the only active CV Facebook group out there.

msg-45996-0-02239900-1500478056.jpg

#1997 enoofu ONLINE  

enoofu

Dragonstomper

• 877 posts

Posted Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:54 PM

Guess we will need to fill up on popcorn as their silly expo is almost here

#1998 Jinks ONLINE  

Jinks

River Patroller

• 3,740 posts

Posted Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:25 PM

So money will go to stop you guys from being bad people. :P

#1999 Kosmic Stardust OFFLINE  

Kosmic Stardust

Princess Rescuer

• 15,118 posts

Posted Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:16 AM

Bully uses anti-bullying propaganda to paint himself into a better light. Seems like someone has insecurity issues if they resort to such tactics. Maybe in his own twisted imagination Chris Cardillo believes we are the bullies for calling him out on his bullshit? :dunce:

#2000 Flojomojo OFFLINE  

Flojomojo

I say boom boom boom

• 9,658 posts
  • You say bam bam bam

Posted Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:51 AM

Yes, he has said as much in this thread. Look for statements from user "cardo1."

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users