IGNORED

What to do with a dead PSU.

CPUWIZ

Newbie tip.

One of my power supplies finally died and I am not one to open sealed bricks, so I cut it off and used a female adapter from Amazon, which I already had anyway.

Snip off the brick, expose the wire and solder the wire with the white stripe to the positive side (I prefer center positive, because it is more common) of your adapter (generally red) and also obviously connect the other two. I use shrink tubing to protect the cable from shorts, but I am sure your standard black electrical tape will do just fine. If you are not comfortable with a soldering iron, get one of those screw terminal female adapters, that is pictured below.

Now you have an extension cord for any old 7V to 12V brick adapter in your house (most use the same plug), just make sure to not go lower than ~1A (needed if a lot of peripherals are plugged in, that utilize the power from the 7800 ports, E.G. Vox/devkit adapter ect.!) and probably not much higher than 2A.

Here is a replacement voltage regulator with a decent description, in case you fry yours.

Added bonus, massive length. :D

IMG_2010.JPG

• Like 3

On another plus side, you can use a 9V battery to run the 7800 on your workbench, if your PSU is not close by. :D

Here is a board, that I just put 4 brand new buttons into (it is currently running Commando from that cart, so POKEY going as well)...

IMG_2011.JPG

• Like 3