Photo

Super Game Module 4th run official thread

Super Game Module sgm opcode 4th run colecovision

15 replies to this topic

#1 opcode OFFLINE  

opcode

River Patroller

• 4,112 posts
  • Bringing new life to your ColecoVision!

Posted Fri Jun 2, 2017 8:29 PM

By now I believe most of you are aware about the big drama between Coleco versus this community. We got to the point where I just gave up on hope we can do anything to fix this ( and doesn't involve submitting to their absurd terms), so it is time to move on with what we have.

We are in the middle of pre-orders for the 4th run of the Super Game Module. Using the ColecoVision logo is no longer an option, so after a couple of weeks pondering on the matter, I have decided to go with the following name and logo.

OV.png

Packaging will be changed to reflect that. In fact the main reason to chose this particular logo is that, in my view, this is the closest we can get to  the original, keep some of same look and feel and still avoid future entanglements. I apologize if this is frustrating for some of you. Believe me, this is frustrating for me as well, but at the same time is beyond my control.

Quality will still be the same, and most important, passion is still the same. Pac-Man DX is coming around the same time as the 4th run ships and Donkey Kong will be available later this year.

Let's not allow this whole mess destroy our love for the ColecoVision, our enthusiasm and all the fun we always had and some that still to come.

Ed

#2 scobb OFFLINE  

scobb

Moonsweeper

• 291 posts

Posted Fri Jun 2, 2017 8:41 PM

Amen!

Scott

#3 PhoenixMoonPatrol OFFLINE  

PhoenixMoonPatrol

Moonsweeper

• 464 posts
  • Gonna take crackerjack timing to beat me pal

Posted Fri Jun 2, 2017 8:55 PM

Loving that 3rd logo design.

The ColecoVision will blaze on,just keep that fake ass Coleco wannabe company away from the community. 

Edited by PhoenixMoonPatrol, Fri Jun 2, 2017 8:56 PM.

#4 ten-four OFFLINE  

ten-four

Dragonstomper

• 890 posts
  • Here i am... again!

Posted Sat Jun 3, 2017 3:40 AM

My suggestion is this:

sgm-metal-opcodevision.jpg

And that is because I think that's closest.

:)

Edited by ten-four, Sat Jun 3, 2017 3:41 AM.

#5 opcode OFFLINE  

opcode

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 4,112 posts

Posted Sat Jun 3, 2017 5:16 AM

My suggestion is this:
sgm-metal-opcodevision.jpg

And that is because I think that's closest.
:)

And that is exactly what we are doing. :)
We will have the new packaging ready probably by the end of next week and I will post here as soon as it is complete.

#6 Tarzilla OFFLINE  

Tarzilla

Stargunner

• 1,811 posts

Posted Sat Jun 3, 2017 8:56 AM

And that is exactly what we are doing. :)
We will have the new packaging ready probably by the end of next week and I will post here as soon as it is complete.

Don't forget the TM and file the paperwork

#7 Panama Joe OFFLINE  

Panama Joe

Combat Commando

• 8 posts

Posted Sat Jun 3, 2017 9:03 AM

I understand the necessity for this, Eduardo, and I think it is a very prudent and proactive way to go on the part of OpCode. I also know it is difficult to predict, but do you expect the package change to significantly impact the timetable for shipping out pre-orders? I still have unplayed copies of Penguin Adventure and Gradius on my shelf from the last go round that I am patiently waiting to play.   :music:  :lolblue:

#8 opcode OFFLINE  

opcode

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 4,112 posts

Posted Sun Jun 4, 2017 7:47 AM

I understand the necessity for this, Eduardo, and I think it is a very prudent and proactive way to go on the part of OpCode. I also know it is difficult to predict, but do you expect the package change to significantly impact the timetable for shipping out pre-orders? I still have unplayed copies of Penguin Adventure and Gradius on my shelf from the last go round that I am patiently waiting to play.   :music:  :lolblue:

Our original plan was to ship in September. I still think we can make that. Changes will be smaller than you think, you will see :)

#9 youki OFFLINE  

youki

River Patroller

• 2,254 posts

Posted Mon Jun 5, 2017 2:36 AM

Are you going to create new mold for  the casing also?  there is the "Coleco" logo on the SGM case , i think. At least it looks like an official logo.

Edited by youki, Mon Jun 5, 2017 2:36 AM.

#10 phattyboombatty OFFLINE  

phattyboombatty

Stargunner

• 1,099 posts

Posted Mon Jun 5, 2017 10:51 AM

He's probably already run off a lot of extra shells; if so, my advice would be to put a piece of black vinyl tape over it. DONE.

#11 Master Phruby OFFLINE  

Master Phruby

Quadrunner

• 7,867 posts

Posted Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:21 AM

Black tape solves everything.

#12 ColecoGamer OFFLINE  

ColecoGamer

Chopper Commander

• 195 posts

Posted Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:50 AM

You know, this entire Coleco debacle reminds me of an article I read in some European Amiga magazine years ago. Some asian company began producing Amiga clones that functioned the same way as the real hardware, but physically these machines (supposedly) resembled a PC and costed a lot less. Commodore - a company that relied on 'word of mouth sales' and independent third-party support - sued the asian company, and the Amiga clones were no more. Commodore could have used the exposure. They were bleeding money badly, and this was close to when the company went bankrupt.

Case in point: had Commodore done the right thing - and worked with the Asian company responsible for those Amiga clones - maybe they would have survived as a company. This is also true for the new Coleco: if you bite the hand that supports you, it will come back to haunt you.

If I am not mistaken, those Amiga clones eventually became the x68000 line of Japanese computers.

Edit: My mind is growing hazy in my old age, so what I remember may not be entirely accurate. LOL

Edited by ColecoGamer, Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:05 AM.

#13 128Kgames OFFLINE  

128Kgames

Dragonstomper

• 742 posts
  • Victory is mine! I am the Worrior!

Posted Wed Jul 5, 2017 7:04 PM

So just got OPCODE'S email about the re-branding, etc. to the Super Game Module Advanced Upgrade System; I'm assuming those of us that already ordered one from the AtariAge store don't need to do a thing, correct?  Our orders (in my case, the clear black case) will just be filled with the re-branded modules when they are released, right?

#14 ColecoGamer OFFLINE  

ColecoGamer

Chopper Commander

• 195 posts

Posted Thu Jul 6, 2017 12:43 PM

Any idea when the 4th run of SGMs will ship? Also, how much longer do people have to reserve an SGM before pre-orders close?

#15 cybercylon OFFLINE  

cybercylon

River Patroller

• 2,033 posts

Posted Fri Jul 7, 2017 2:28 PM

I didn't get that email... ordered mine via the store. I really don't care what he calls it.... just what it does  ;)

#16 GoldenWheels OFFLINE  

GoldenWheels

Stargunner

• 1,422 posts

Posted Fri Jul 7, 2017 2:31 PM

So just got OPCODE'S email about the re-branding, etc. to the Super Game Module Advanced Upgrade System; I'm assuming those of us that already ordered one from the AtariAge store don't need to do a thing, correct?  Our orders (in my case, the clear black case) will just be filled with the re-branded modules when they are released, right?

Yeah...this!

?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Super Game Module, sgm, opcode, 4th run, colecovision

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users