IGNORED

Blue Vertical Lines on 2600

nick3092

This is due to too much color saturation in the monitor and mismatched black levels in the video signal. In short, the single edge created by BLANK to BLACK transition looks like a colored pixel to the video decoder. Depending on the delay vs. the color burst you'll get blue (close to 180 degrees of phase) or green/brown/gold (close to 0 degrees).

Solution: Turn down the color saturation of the TV/monitor. Of course that creates other issues such as washed out colors, but....there are compromises.

I'm really glad you posted this! :thumbsup:

I went into the menu on my TV and did some fine tuning and as if by some sort of magic, the lines are gone! :-D I adjusted a few different things to get the desired effect. I still have really nice colors and brightness, just without the lines. Luckily my TV has some very handy settings, some of which I just discovered while randomly tweaking things tonight.

I had no idea that my modern HD LED TV had adjustments for horizontal and vertical position and size. :-o No more slight shift to the right due to the AV mod. Now the picture is perfectly centered and stretched to fit the "4:3 box" my TV uses when not in widescreen mode. I would have probably went the rest of my life without messing with the "Advanced" settings on this TV. I remembered messing with some of them when I first got the TV, but I went online and just did a google search for recommended settings & my TV model, since I was in a hurry to use it and had zero interest in reading the manual.. Once I set everything that one time, I never messed with it again. :-D Now that I've seen how much stuff there actually is to mess with in the advanced settings, I'm gonna have to read through the manual and find out what some of it does. :P

I'm really glad you posted this! :thumbsup:

I went into the menu on my TV and did some fine tuning and as if by some sort of magic, the lines are gone! :-D I adjusted a few different things to get the desired effect. I still have really nice colors and brightness, just without the lines. Luckily my TV has some very handy settings, some of which I just discovered while randomly tweaking things tonight.

I had no idea that my modern HD LED TV had adjustments for horizontal and vertical position and size. :-o No more slight shift to the right due to the AV mod. Now the picture is perfectly centered and stretched to fit the "4:3 box" my TV uses when not in widescreen mode. I would have probably went the rest of my life without messing with the "Advanced" settings on this TV. I remembered messing with some of them when I first got the TV, but I went online and just did a google search for recommended settings & my TV model, since I was in a hurry to use it and had zero interest in reading the manual.. Once I set everything that one time, I never messed with it again. :-D Now that I've seen how much stuff there actually is to mess with in the advanced settings, I'm gonna have to read through the manual and find out what some of it does. :P

Nice!

I really hate it when manufacturers try to protect us from ourselves by hiding or locking out features. And their default settings are always WRONG. I could *never* use my TV for anything critical. No adjustments beyond volume and "theater/game/movie" setting. I'm glad you found the adjustments on yours!

Edited by cwilkson

• 6 years later...