IGNORED

Wifi modem! Telnet from any computer with a serial port

Vorticon

Yep... I was going through the code and cleaning it up and I killed a line of code at some point. I have also fixed the +++ parser. That was broken in a funny way where if your uploaded file had 3 or more + characters in a row it would put the WiModem232 into command mode! I am testing the new features as well and I will release this shortly.

• Like 4

New version of firmware has been released!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

v2.60 - 02/03/18

• Added buffer limit (*BL) value to AT&V output.
  • Changed buffer code to allow space characters in the BUSY message.
  • Added support for a/, which repeats the last AT command.
  • Fixed issue with phone book entries not storing (AT&Zx=).
  • Created new command ATI3 to show the connection time information.
  • Changed +++ parser to match the Hayes specification, fixing problems with uploads with +++.
  • Fixed input parser when no characters are in the buffer.
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Made some time for TI fun this weekend and what fun I'm having. Made my first log-in to the Heatwave BBS with my little CC-40 that I used when traveling back in the day for BBSing until I got a laptop. Very straight forward process with the CC-40 RS232 and null modem adapter and wimodem232. Yahooooooooo! :)

2cnehaq.jpg

• Like 2

After much effort, I finally broke through and now have the 38.4K transfers working both directions on MyTerm. Took quite some time, but I did it. I still do not think I have the RTS/CTS handshaking working the way it is supposed to work, but it is close. At least close enough to pass mustard.

After countless hours, I decided to get a FULL night's sleep last night, and hit the programming well rested.

​I just made a backup of the source, and I am headed upstairs for the evening at an early 9 pm EST.

Beery

• Like 3

After much effort, I finally broke through and now have the 38.4K transfers working both directions on MyTerm. Took quite some time, but I did it. I still do not think I have the RTS/CTS handshaking working the way it is supposed to work, but it is close. At least close enough to pass mustard.

After countless hours, I decided to get a FULL night's sleep last night, and hit the programming well rested.

​I just made a backup of the source, and I am headed upstairs for the evening at an early 9 pm EST.

Beery

Way to go Beery!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Good afternoon everyone! I am requesting your input once again as I need to tap into your wisdom and experience of all things TI-99 related.

Goal: I would like to utilize my PEB’s TI RS-232 board and WiModem 232 OLED to connect to Heatwave, FuSiON, 9640news, and other TI-99 BBS’s (Preferably with ANSI graphics).

I would also like to have 80 column mode but do not have an F18A yet (Looking for one to become available).

I have:

1. PEB w/Flexcable Interface, TI Disk Controller, TI RS-232 Interface (DB25F), TI 32Kx8 Memory Expansion Board and PHP 1250 5.25” Full Height SS/DD Floppy Drive.
  2. WiModem 232 OLED (DB25F)
  3. Gender Changer Adapter (DB25M to DB25M)
  4. Break Out Box (DB25F to DB25M)
  5. FinalGROM 99 Cartridge
  6. Terminal Emulator II Cartridge

Current Connection: TI RS-232 (DB25F) – (DB25M to DB25M) Gender Changer – (DB25F to DB25M) Break Out Box (Wired – 1-1, 2-3, 3-2,7-7,6-20,20-6) – (DB25F) WiModem 232 OLED (Connected to WoodlandNET Home WiFi).

Using TEII Cartridge – Selecting 300 baud, Even Parity, Full Duplex, Port #1, 40 Columns

Current Issue: Screen displays: Looking for router…, Connected to WoodlandNET, Filesystem Ready! (Looping). It will not accept any AT commands (+++, ATH etc.)

What am I doing wrong? What is the best setup for what I want to accomplish?

Thank you in advance for your time and input.

TWoodland

post-65819-0-76693600-1538503131_thumb.jpg

post-65819-0-18371000-1538503147_thumb.jpg

post-65819-0-34588200-1538503163_thumb.jpg

Good afternoon everyone! I am requesting your input once again as I need to tap into your wisdom and experience of all things TI-99 related.

Goal: I would like to utilize my PEB’s TI RS-232 board and WiModem 232 OLED to connect to Heatwave, FuSiON, 9640news, and other TI-99 BBS’s (Preferably with ANSI graphics).

I would also like to have 80 column mode but do not have an F18A yet (Looking for one to become available).

I have:

1. PEB w/Flexcable Interface, TI Disk Controller, TI RS-232 Interface (DB25F), TI 32Kx8 Memory Expansion Board and PHP 1250 5.25” Full Height SS/DD Floppy Drive.
  2. WiModem 232 OLED (DB25F)
  3. Gender Changer Adapter (DB25M to DB25M)
  4. Break Out Box (DB25F to DB25M)
  5. FinalGROM 99 Cartridge
  6. Terminal Emulator II Cartridge

Current Connection: TI RS-232 (DB25F) – (DB25M to DB25M) Gender Changer – (DB25F to DB25M) Break Out Box (Wired – 1-1, 2-3, 3-2,7-7,6-20,20-6) – (DB25F) WiModem 232 OLED (Connected to WoodlandNET Home WiFi).

Using TEII Cartridge – Selecting 300 baud, Even Parity, Full Duplex, Port #1, 40 Columns

Current Issue: Screen displays: Looking for router…, Connected to WoodlandNET, Filesystem Ready! (Looping). It will not accept any AT commands (+++, ATH etc.)

What am I doing wrong? What is the best setup for what I want to accomplish?

Thank you in advance for your time and input.

TWoodland

attachicon.gifScreen.jpg

attachicon.gifBOB.jpg

attachicon.gifWiModem232OLED.jpg

the modem only supports 8n1 in local mode.. you will need to set the terminal to that to work correctly, I'm not sure if TE2 can even do that haven't used it in forever!

Mass transfer is included in the XB27 cartridge (requires 32k ram expansion) that will do faster baud rates and multiple data bits and parity options

good quality ansi color 80 columns are only available in two terms both of which require F18a to do it..

- timxt

- telnet (tipi required) and this makes your modem irrelevant if you have a tipi you can telnet locally

both of these require 32k ram expansion and either disk or a cartridge to load timxt and the TIPI to load/use telnet from..

Ansi is supported in these programs

TELCO (40col no color)

TERM80 (80 col on a stock TI but it's nearly unreadable..)

Telco and Term80 will require a disk system and 32k ram expansion

• Like 1

the modem only supports 8n1 in local mode.. you will need to set the terminal to that to work correctly, I'm not sure if TE2 can even do that haven't used it in forever!

Mass transfer is included in the XB27 cartridge (requires 32k ram expansion) that will do faster baud rates and multiple data bits and parity options

good quality ansi color 80 columns are only available in two terms both of which require F18a to do it..

- timxt

- telnet (tipi required) and this makes your modem irrelevant if you have a tipi you can telnet locally

both of these require 32k ram expansion and either disk or a cartridge to load timxt and the TIPI to load/use telnet from..

Ansi is supported in these programs

TELCO (40col no color)

TERM80 (80 col on a stock TI but it's nearly unreadable..)

Telco and Term80 will require a disk system and 32k ram expansion

Thank you arcadeshopper!

I am planning on getting a TIPI and F18A whenever they become available. Until then, unfortunately, I do not have a PC with a 5.25" floppy, I do have the XB27 cart, 32k RAM expansion, and the Telco.DSK file. I now need to figure out how to get it over to my TI or locate a BIN version that I can copy to the FGROM99.

Thanks again!

TWoodland

Was there ever an 8K Module that ran from a cartridge supporing at minimum Xmodem as far as terminal emulator package?

If not, perhaps one of the terminal emulators, perhaps Mass Transfer, needs to be trimmed down to the absolute basics and saved as cartridge format, so someone can get other programs up and going without mailing disks, etc. Then, he can grab other programs and build up from there. This assumes there is not an 8K module out there somewhere. I keep thinking of TE1200?

It's not going to solve TWoodland's issue today, but it may be something to pursue.

• Like 1

Was there ever an 8K Module that ran from a cartridge supporing at minimum Xmodem as far as terminal emulator package?

If not, perhaps one of the terminal emulators, perhaps Mass Transfer, needs to be trimmed down to the absolute basics and saved as cartridge format, so someone can get other programs up and going without mailing disks, etc. Then, he can grab other programs and build up from there. This assumes there is not an 8K module out there somewhere. I keep thinking of TE1200?

It's not going to solve TWoodland's issue today, but it may be something to pursue.

There's 32k req ones in the fr99 fg99 area i converted fastterm

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

TWoodland,

Yes, you will need 8 data bits, no parity, 1 stop bit for connection. With the TE2 cartridge, I am not sure if you can go any faster than 1200 baud on any of the BBS's and nobody has a file transfer protocol that supports the TE2 file transfer mode.

Also, keep in mind with the WiModem232, the modem configuration for 9640News BBS is different than with Heatwave or Fusion BBS with the WiModem232. This is only necessary if you want to transfer files. I will have to look at my command strings to recall the differences which is because 9640News is running from a BBS that is a Telnet server. Send me a message back so I will recall to check it tonight. It is either the &C0/&C1 command or the *K0/*K1 as I recall. I set it up and have since forgotten the settings.

Beery

• Like 1

Telco will not run off cart it has disk based modules that load dynamically as you use it. I can mail you a disk http://arcadeshopper.com/wp#!/Telco-Terminal-software-32k-and-rs232-port-required/p/101834003

Greg

The floppy price is $2 w/$8 shipping. Even though it totals $10, it is telling me that there is a $10 min order, so I will wait until you get a TIPI and/or F18A in stock before placing the order. Thank you for having it available to order though!

Nevermind, I saw that you had blank DS DD 5.25" disks for sale. I added 10 to the cart to be able to checkout!

Thanks again,

TWoodland (Tim Woodland)

Edited by twoodland
  • Like 1

The floppy price is $2 w/$8 shipping. Even though it totals $10, it is telling me that there is a $10 min order, so I will wait until you get a TIPI and/or F18A in stock before placing the order. Thank you for having it available to order though!

TWoodland (Tim Woodland)

Ok lmk i can change the minimum

While I am waiting on the terminal disk to arrive, I wanted to confirm the communications cable configuration that I should be using. I am using a PEB with a TI RS232 Card (DB25F) to WiModem 232 oled (DB25F). I will be using the TELCO terminal emulator software. Is the proper configuration, a TI Modem Cable with a DB25M on both ends?

post-65819-0-09254400-1538763891.jpg

I do not have the documentation around, but I seem to recall seeing within the documentation, the necessary pinouts that were needed in the documentation. If you get TIDIR and can find the file at ftp.whtech.com, you should be able to browse the archived file containing the docs if you have a Windows PC.

The WiModem232 modem commands I sent you should still be valid. Not sure, but you may need (not 100% sure), other handshaking commands perhaps XON/XOFF on the modem.

If I recall, Telco can run at 2400 baud, but it may not be able to keep up with any faster baud rates. That would be a limitation of the coding for the terminal emulator. Others may be able to chip in what other programs may be able to run faster and not drop characters from the serial port.

As far as Mass Transfer, I do not know if the cabling matched that of Telco or not.

Beery

• Like 1

I do not have the documentation around, but I seem to recall seeing within the documentation, the necessary pinouts that were needed in the documentation. If you get TIDIR and can find the file at ftp.whtech.com, you should be able to browse the archived file containing the docs if you have a Windows PC.

The WiModem232 modem commands I sent you should still be valid. Not sure, but you may need (not 100% sure), other handshaking commands perhaps XON/XOFF on the modem.

If I recall, Telco can run at 2400 baud, but it may not be able to keep up with any faster baud rates. That would be a limitation of the coding for the terminal emulator. Others may be able to chip in what other programs may be able to run faster and not drop characters from the serial port.

As far as Mass Transfer, I do not know if the cabling matched that of Telco or not.

Beery

Yeah, Telco is a GREAT program, but it's limited to two color ANSI graphics, and unless you have a RARE video card it's limited to 40 columns (ON SCREEN) at one time with a switchable window. The other problem is 4800 is tops before it stops dropping characters.

In the dialup days it was "the bomb" and was the only terminal program I used for the TI. The dialing menu was awesome as well as the login scripts. Now days TIMXT for RS-232 users and the TELNET program that comes with the TIPI work well for the full 80 column color ANSI display.

• Like 1

While I am waiting on the terminal disk to arrive, I wanted to confirm the communications cable configuration that I should be using. I am using a PEB with a TI RS232 Card (DB25F) to WiModem 232 oled (DB25F). I will be using the TELCO terminal emulator software. Is the proper configuration, a TI Modem Cable with a DB25M on both ends?

attachicon.gifmodem_cable.jpg

I had a topic on this, I wasn't about to rewire a cable for it though. http://atariage.com/forums/topic/273732-telco-term80-and-modem-cable/

• Like 1

I had a topic on this, I wasn't about to rewire a cable for it though. http://atariage.com/forums/topic/273732-telco-term80-and-modem-cable/

In reading through that topic, post #13 from InsaneMultitasker found the solution for me to get up and running once I receive my Telco disk via snail mail. Once received I will confirm his solution. His post is located here http://atariage.com/forums/topic/273732-telco-term80-and-modem-cable/?p=3934884

Thank you everyone for your input and willingness to help, what a great community!

In reading through that topic, post #13 from InsaneMultitasker found the solution for me to get up and running once I receive my Telco disk via snail mail. Once received I will confirm his solution. His post is located here http://atariage.com/forums/topic/273732-telco-term80-and-modem-cable/?p=3934884

Thank you everyone for your input and willingness to help, what a great community!

I'm looking forward to seeing your results. I'm not aware of anyone ever being able to get Telco to work with a Nano-PEB. I know I never was, and I had three different ones to try it with. Good luck.