IGNORED

New to the group? TI-99/4A FAQ, Hardware and software resources READ FIRST!

arcadeshopper

This is a work in progress.. will be happy to add anything missing - Greg

A few bits of information, rules and guidelines on posting.

Short links to our sub-forums:

TI-99/4A Computers http://ti99.atariage.com
TI-99/4A Development http://dev99.atariage.com

Please read the AtariAge site guidelines which apply to and are enforced in our subs.

Our sub-forums are divided to help cater to the varied interests in our beloved platform. The parent sub-forum, TI-99/4A Computers, contains general information and conversation regarding the TI-99/4A and its siblings, such as the 99/2, 99/8, CC-40, and BASICALCS. The sub-forum TI-99/4A Development is for conversations, information, announcements, etc. pertaining to programming, tinkering, or the development of software or hardware for these computers.

This division is not intended to be a separation of the community but rather a way for those who have little interest in development but moreso in general discussions to focus their time on the fun-zone, while those who take more interest in the deep-down nitty-gritty and not so much general shenanigans to focus their attention just the same. The rest of us can spend all the time we want and will peruse both subs with reckless abandon.

Insofar as development is concerned, once hardware or software has been completed or is at least ready for general consumption, an announcement should be made in the general TI-99/4A Computers forum for all to partake. Further development and inquiries should still be continued within the TI-99/4A Development sub-forum.

The forum leader will move threads to a more appropriate forum. This may also be done by request should a thread be started in the wrong forum by accident or the trajectory changes from general to development or vice-versa.

The forum leader will also merge identical threads started in both forums into a single thread in the proper forum. Per AtariAge guidelines, please refrain from posting identical threads in both sub-forums as way to ensure the topic gets viewed. Many people already browse both subs, and if your topic pertains more to development rather than general, or vice-versa, the thread should exist in the appropriate forum. As well, multiple threads created on the same topic in the same forum will be merged.

Regular members can edit a post for 60 minutes after submission. This allows you to fix any issues you may notice with the post right away. Subscribers can edit posts for 30 days. In the Marketplace and Programming forums you can edit your posts indefinitely, since the flexibility of allowing editing of posts outweighs the potential abuse of the edit functionality.

If you make a duplicate post in a thread, which can happen by accident or some unforeseen technical glitch, report the post by clicking on the "report" link at the bottom of the post and indicate in the report that the post is a duplicate.

If you are not a subscriber, please help support AtariAge by using the eBay BBCodes ebay, ebayseller, and ebaystore when posting links to eBay! Click here for more information.

Anything you would like to share with your fellow 99ers but is seriously off-topic for the forum may be posted in the official off-topic thread, located here 
To find the most popular threads click on sort by and select most popular. 
grafik.thumb.png.73c4729111cfbc9a5dd3ef3bd60d3788.png

All of us are ready and willing to provide answers to your TI-99 questions if we can, some will just chime in if they cannot, and others will just lurk. If you have any questions specifically pertaining to the operation of our forums, please feel free inquire of the forum leader via Private Message (PM,) or one of the global moderators.

BEFORE POSTING QUESTIONS PLEASE READ THE UPDATED TI-99/4A FAQ HERE:   https://www.arcadeshopper.com/wp/ti-99-4a-faq/

Edited by arcadeshopper
fixed cadd
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 2

I've attached a cartridge listing that can be used to catalog a cart collection. :)

If anyone would like my Excel version PM me and I'll be happy to email (since I can't attach an Excel sheet to my post).

You can upload pretty much any file that will not otherwise load by renaming it as a ZIP by replacing the extension with “zip” or just adding “.zip”. Just be sure to include instructions on renaming the file. Of course, you can also simply zip up the file normally, which will obviate the necessity of renaming.

...lee

• Like 2

I actually have a hardware question: Would I need the official tape deck and some proprietary cable to use tape programs, or would any tape deck and a male-to-male aux cable work fine?

you need the cable, which you can make yourself or I sell here: https://www.arcadeshopper.com/wp/?page_id=11#!/Cables/c/23804650/offset=0&sort=nameAsc

I've used many types of tape recorders and also a PC sound card with VLC to play the tapes out. lots of WAV files of tapes on ftp.whtech.com under cassettes

Greg

The cable would have to be made special, as one end is a 9-pin connector, but there is otherwise nothing really special about it. Pretty much any standard tape deck would work.

you need the cable, which you can make yourself or I sell here: https://www.arcadeshopper.com/wp/?page_id=11#!/Cables/c/23804650/offset=0&sort=nameAsc

I've used many types of tape recorders and also a PC sound card with VLC to play the tapes out. lots of WAV files of tapes on ftp.whtech.com under cassettes

Greg

Thanks, both of you! Greg, your site's already been a godsend in helping me along - I've got no experience with electronics beyond plugging things into sockets, so being able to buy devices pre-built is super helpful.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Greg,

Youtube TI99 VIDEOS

(to setup emulators, etc.)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7jwHlQfNTAKQ9WdKORAnpA/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

and Transfer Files between TI and PC

http://www.globeron.com/freedownload/services/TI99/TI-99-4A-PC-transfer-v1.12.pdf

it need some update to include Fred Kaal uberGrom + RS232 + HDX to do transfers

and also CADD PC99 utility on floppy disk for the TI-99/4A

and other options like nano-PEB / CF7+

FlashROM and SD card

FinalGROM and SD card

Lotharek Floppy Emulator (using SD card)

Cassette cable

- Normal tape recorder

- Smartphone with .wav files (and line-input signal / volume correction)

I've attached a cartridge listing that can be used to catalog a cart collection. :)

If anyone would like my Excel version PM me and I'll be happy to email (since I can't attach an Excel sheet to my post).

See also Schmitzi's (Ralf) extensive list of modules

TI-99 TOXIC-LISTS - TI-99 - RESOURCES - Let´s have a list for it

TI-99 TOXIC-PICS - LookiLooki (NO login required! - just scroll down)

MESS-Starter-Batch - Starter-Batch/Helper for TI-99er´s & Geneve9640

• Like 1

• 1 month later...