Photo

Rayman- unreleased SNES prototype

4 replies to this topic

#1 Tartfox OFFLINE  

Tartfox

Star Raider

• 62 posts

Posted Mon Jul 3, 2017 8:39 PM

The rom for the previously unreleased prototype of Rayman, has been dumped- https://twitter.com/...876378056085505

Very early build so there's not much to it, but still a great chance to play something that could've been on the Super Nintendo. The original premise of 'Rayman' was that he exists inside a computer and must face-off against a computer virus as the game's main villain.

Rayman-SNES-Version.jpg

Edited by Tartfox, Mon Jul 3, 2017 8:42 PM.

#2 Tanooki OFFLINE  

Tanooki

River Patroller

• 3,108 posts

Posted Mon Jul 3, 2017 9:16 PM

FInally.  Good keeping a look out and linking that.  Damn shame Rayman is an actual thing as that's something I could see someone making into a full game if the IP was toast.

#3 masschamber OFFLINE  

masschamber

Stargunner

• 1,074 posts

Posted Mon Jul 3, 2017 10:01 PM

FInally.  Good keeping a look out and linking that.  Damn shame Rayman is an actual thing as that's something I could see someone making into a full game if the IP was toast.

yeah, but if rayman wasn't a thing would you be interested?

#4 icemanxp300 OFFLINE  

icemanxp300

River Patroller

• 3,697 posts

Posted Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:30 AM

Very early build so there's not much to it, but still a great chance to play something that could've been on the Super Nintendo.

I really do not see the point. The entire "gameplay" is walking right like 10 seconds hitting a dead end. You can then walk back 3 seconds and jump up a vacuum tube and then go right again for other 15 seconds. You can look at screenshots and see everything there is in just a few pics.

I had someone request I make this today and I refused. I doubt any person would pay to have this on a cart unless they wanted to try and sell on ebay to some sucker for hundreds. Guy even had a label for it and everything. He was ready to roll in the dough.

He told me he wanted to see it on real hardware, but I don't believe it. It's a 30 second level and that's it, plus it will look the same on hardware as it does on emulator.

#5 Tanooki OFFLINE  

Tanooki

River Patroller

• 3,108 posts

Posted Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:46 PM

yeah, but if rayman wasn't a thing would you be interested?

Yeah why not?  I like to try out proto type stuff as it's fun.  I'm not a big Rayman fan at all.  I've only ever owned Rayman2 and Origins on WIiU, then GoG (and never close to finished it.)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users