IGNORED

Another Release From Piko Interactive

mmbe

…oh no! You're not disabling UP for Jump in these? That's the thing that sucks about soooooo many ST and Amiga games. Accidentally pressing or leveraging diagonal UP, triggering the unwanted action. No *console* game with multiple buttons should ever allow this. Unless most people are so used to it at this point? No… they're not. Are they? Surely they can't be… can they? :)

• Like 1

Has anyone confirmed that this can't be paused or saved? It would suck to have this game be constrained to a single sitting.

There is no pause. You can just stand somewhere if you really want.

It's already been said a few times that there is no eeprom on the cart.

Well, it is also ours, the customer's fault IMO. When I heard of Piko announcing a new release I ordered straight away to show them my support. Of course it is safer to wait for any reviews. But then again this would make things harder to predict for them. So... yes, this will make me more careful in the future. Then again I didn´t know that CJ was behind it. I would always consider him to be a huge benefit. I guess everybody involved will have learned from this. I hope PIKO will mail a revised ROM to customers. At least the file. I have attached a Jag pad to my Mac via USB so I could even play it on the train...

No save is a definite issue and would have been a deal breaker for me if I'd known before purchase. Perhaps Piko could be clearer in future releases what functionality will/will not be available with games

My advice, stop playing retro games - they generally don't have save points, tutorials, or hand holding no you can't fail, everyone is a winner modes :P

• Like 3

The original on the ST didn´t have any save feature, too. So although it would have been nice, this current version is an authentic conversion. Not more, not less. This even goes for the jumping - and don´t forget that standard joysticks on 16 bit computers had only one button and this was used for kicking (of course the three punches could have been mapped to three buttons, but where would that stop?). Surely changes could have been made but I am pretty sure that some purists might nag about this. I think part of the fun is to have classic games on a classic console they weren´t written for. I´d like smaller additions, but I can also understand that others want to keep things as they are. And yes, there is no real need for a pause function since the screens are mainly static.

• Like 1

Lets discuss the "up/button for jump" stuff.

Suppose I don't map 'up' to jump, and, instead, map 'C' or 'A' - fine, left, right, duck - fire and jump - all consoley goodness.

And then you get to a ladder. And have to push C to move up it, instead of up. because that's what the original code is expecting.....

Anyway ;)

• Like 3