WTB: SpectraVision Quickshot III

wtb wanted joystick controller

12 replies to this topic

#1 sgtdave OFFLINE  

sgtdave

Space Invader

• 30 posts

Posted Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:28 PM

Looking to buy my favorite CV controller of all time: the SpectraVision Quickshot III.

Please contact if you have a working one available.

#2 ten-four OFFLINE  

ten-four

Dragonstomper

• 892 posts
  • Here i am... again!

Posted Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:04 PM

Could this help ?

Quickshot 3

:) 

#3 sgtdave OFFLINE  

sgtdave

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 30 posts

Posted Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:27 PM

Could this help ?

Quickshot 3

It would it were a couple thousand miles closer, and they didn't charge VAT.  Unfortunately, between the shipping, VAT, and exchange rate it's creeping towards $50, which is about twice what I paid for my last one. 

#4 Swami OFFLINE  

Swami

Dragonstomper

• 968 posts

Posted Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:27 PM

Could this help ?

Quickshot 3

I've seen this and thought about it. I don't know what the "D/L" could indicate and the lack of a picture makes me a little uneasy it may be something similar or weird. I've gotten mis-labelled things at least a half dozen times. I may try to contact them, but, yes, the price is a bit high. $25-$30 was top price a couple years ago.

#5 LoTonah OFFLINE  

LoTonah

Moonsweeper

• 467 posts

Posted Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:54 AM

I've got one that I could sell.  My wife has been bugging me to part with more stuff so this could count toward that.

No idea what it is worth.  I'm a reasonable guy, so tell me what you'd consider paying for it.

Thanks!

#6 rga321 OFFLINE  

rga321

Chopper Commander

• 104 posts

Posted Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:45 PM

I've got one that I could sell.  My wife has been bugging me to part with more stuff so this could count toward that.

No idea what it is worth.  I'm a reasonable guy, so tell me what you'd consider paying for it.

Thanks!

19.95?....plus shipping?

#7 LoTonah OFFLINE  

LoTonah

Moonsweeper

• 467 posts

Posted Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:36 PM

19.95?....plus shipping?

Yeah, the shipping quote I got from Canada Post made me gag on my coffee.  Almost $40.  And the UPS site was f'd-up so I couldn't even get a quote (Win10 with Chrome and Firefox, tried on both)...

I know, a first-world problem.  Canada sucks in this regard, I must say!

#8 Jinks OFFLINE  

Jinks

River Patroller

• 3,958 posts

Posted Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:26 PM

Yeah, the shipping quote I got from Canada Post made me gag on my coffee.  Almost $40.  And the UPS site was f'd-up so I couldn't even get a quote (Win10 with Chrome and Firefox, tried on both)...

I know, a first-world problem.  Canada sucks in this regard, I must say!

All the shipping tripled from the early 2000s. I used to order a cart from a homebrewer in the states for 25 plus 5 or 6 for shipping now they ask for 15 or 20 for shipping or even more...

#9 Swami OFFLINE  

Swami

Dragonstomper

• 968 posts

Posted Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:53 PM

I think its due to e-mail nearly eliminating the high profit letter postage. Fortunately for us, there is junk mail keeping them afloat...... :skull:

#10 sgtdave OFFLINE  

sgtdave

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 30 posts

Posted Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:09 PM

If anyone has one in the Austin/San Antonio area I can pickup here. Or if you live in the Portland, OR area I will be there in a couple weeks.

#11 Swami OFFLINE  

Swami

Dragonstomper

• 968 posts

Posted Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:18 PM

If anyone has one in the Austin/San Antonio area I can pickup here. Or if you live in the Portland, OR area I will be there in a couple weeks.

Try posting in the "Want to Buy" section of the Marketplace. There may be more people looking to off-load some collectibles/inventory.

#12 Swami OFFLINE  

Swami

Dragonstomper

• 968 posts

Posted Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:20 PM

P.S., be wary of the used joystick ... it may need refurbishing to work well.

#13 gavvv OFFLINE  

gavvv

Chopper Commander

• 218 posts

Posted Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:56 AM

P.S., be wary of the used joystick ... it may need refurbishing to work well.

Yeah of the 4 or 5 of them i own, they are a bit tough to maintain, and tricky to get back together correctly, but imho very worth it as they are the best CV option. Joystick with a base and one of each button usable by either hand.

Gavv

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wtb, wanted, joystick, controller

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users