IGNORED

HDX assembly?

barry.peterson

I have a couple of bare HDX boards but no idea of the components needed and this doofus can't find a parts list. Can some kind soul point me in the right direction or just give me a parts list? Two transistors, one battery holder, 3 diodes, 5 resistors, a chip (6264 or 62256 or?)

Fred has it in his projects page for the HDX and all it's parts. This is the updated link below:

HERE

Next silly question; there are two 10K resistors, R5 & R6 but my board has no R6. Is there something I'm missing?

No, your not missing something, I have been meaning to ask about this resistor too as I have almost completed my HDX, but I had to place it on the back-burner, as I have had other things going on. Thanks for reminding me, and I too need an answer to this same question.

See comments in schematic: http://www.ti99-geek.nl/Projects/ti99hdx/Files/ti99_rs232_dsr_ram.gif

R6 is a pullup resistor for gate U6 for disabeling interrupts.

Fred ;-)

It isn't in the board designs we have been using all this time though.. It just has r5 and no location for r6.. none of the bazillions i've built has a R6 :D

Greg

It isn't in the board designs we have been using all this time though.. It just has r5 and no location for r6.. none of the bazillions i've built has a R6 :D

Greg

You're right Greg,

It is only mentioned in the schematic and bill of materials and step 30 only mentions the switch.

SW1 and R6 are optional and R6 must be added on the RS232 card itself.

You only need these if for some reason you need the interrupts of RS232/1 and using some

program that enables the interrupts like Telco.

I can live without the interrupts for years now ... I have never used Telco again after HDX worked

flawless :grin:. I only added SW1 and R6 on my second RS232 card for my Geneve system and I see

now that is not the one in the photo on my website ... oh well ... better add a second photo some day.

Fred ;-)

Edited by F.G. Kaal