OK, not new to the Atari era, but rekindling my childhood.
Recently unpacked my 800XL and 1050 Drive that's been in my possession since it was new day one. All works perfectly.
I then purchased a 65XE from ebay (estate sale) and swapped all the memory chips for sockets and new "old stock" TEXAS INSTRUMENTS TMS4164-15NL. Several of the original chips were shot. All works perfectly.
I followed that up with a Monitor to Audio/Video cable that I also purchased on ebay for a couple bucks. Connected to a 16" flat screen LCD TV.
Then, for shniggles and to keep things cheap, I purchased a USB To RS232/TTL PL2303HX Cable Adapter for a couple bucks off ebay and using documentation online, plugged the wires into TXD, RXD and Ground pins the back of the 65XE SIO socket.
I've installed both AspeQt and RespeQt. They both work flawlessly, but only at 19200 baud. I completely expected that due to the cheap "generic" cable I am using and no handshake capabilities.
Overall, extremely pleased with the outcome and now it's time to get my game on. So many games, so much time.
Quick shot of the USB to Serial cable plugged into the 65XE. I removed the clip covers to allow the smaller clips to fit the SIO pins. To protect them from touching each other, I also used heat shrink to cover the bare metal clips.
And full set-up in action...