IGNORED

Nanopeb+speech built in?

I was wondering if this could be considered for a new version of the nanopeb: add the speech synth.'s hardware to the same board, or find a way to emulate the speech on the nanopeb.

Then, this could quite possibly be the only thing you would have to plug into your expansion port.

Once you get all that hardware rolled into one, you could call it "the final peripheral", as it is likely the last peripheral you will ever need.

Edited by notwhoyouthink

I was wondering if this could be considered for a new version of the nanopeb: add the speech synth.'s hardware to the same board, or find a way to emulate the speech on the nanopeb.

Then, this could quite possibly be the only thing you would have to plug into your expansion port.

Once you get all that hardware rolled into one, you could call it "the final peripheral", as it is likely the last peripheral you will ever need.

Jaime is currently working on a new version of the NanoPEB, but no, it does not have speech built in. To get the speech built in it would take some doing. I don't know if Jaime considered that, but I doubt it. he is more focused on memory and disk access.

The new version will not have a RS232 serial device built into it either. That will be a separate card.

Edited by Shift838

• 2 weeks later...

Hello notwhoyouthink,

The following won't help you with your problem, but should be a hint at a possible solution for combined use of nanoPEB and working Speech Synthesizer: Look up under "Problems between TI Speech and CF7+" on http://gtello.pagesperso-orange.fr/ti99_e.htm .

Regards

Edited by MueThor

Y'all have probably already seen this open source work on the Acorn. If so, I apologize in advance.

I know speech synths are very common (MS6100 serial ROMs are not), but for new designs or internal projects the code in this project only needs tweaked (Acorn's ordering vs. TI's implementation of the five 4-bit nibbles addressing).

It's on my to-do list ...

http://www.waitingforfriday.com/?p=30

CF7XMOUNT.dsk is awesome. I have downloaded it, cooked the object code thru SYSTEX to make a program image and have built a 24 entry menu for use with BOOT using the GET command, which loads a DV/80 menu into BOOT. I now have available 24 disks full of TI goodness with a couple of keypresses. No more dropping to a basic and doing the CALL MOUNT horse hockey. When done I reboot and it reloads my "System" disk at Vol 1.WELL DONE AND THANK YOU!