enthusi

Yes, quite some effort was put already in the original scoring system. It seems to pay off considering how you advance by gaining tactics and skill :-)

Has anyone kept track of highscore vs playing time?

I have not kept track, but at most, I play in 30 minute stretches. Usually, my first score is the best or one after about 15 minutes.

The computer seems designed not to give you what you want, when you want. There are a number of times during a game where I swear it's messing with my head

Thank you for putting in high score support!

Anyway, 15140 is my current score.

• Like 1

I have not kept track, but at most, I play in 30 minute stretches. Usually, my first score is the best or one after about 15 minutes.

The computer seems designed not to give you what you want, when you want. There are a number of times during a game where I swear it's messing with my head

About the same play time for me.

And the same experiences too. Frequently I have cleared all but one windows with just one tile missing, hoping for an extra live. And then comes the same, non-matching tile three times in a row! icon_mad.gif icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

:)

Is your brain already hardwired to the game mechanics? Or how to yo do that?

A good answer to this question eludes me. Sometimes, it feels as though there's a pattern, other times, the pattern does not hold. The best piece of advice for this game: shift gears of play. It's much like Enduro, where you have to go fast sometimes, and ease off at others. There are many times where you're used to 5th gear, die, and have to adjust to 3rd gear or even 1st, if you've died a couple times in a row.

Currently, I try to worry about shapes and then clearing the screen. If an easy color bonus presents itself, I'll take it, but don't go out of my way. Color matching is major detriment when Assembloids gets up to speed.

26,400?

Niice :)

Updated. Now that is a score I myself would need some time to reach again.

Well done!

Thank you! Much of that is just the way the shapes came out that round.

Aaargh, this game will make you question your sanity. It will peer into your mind and make you question what you've done with your life. Assembloids is like that slot machine that takes all your money and makes it feel like it's your fault. You will swear this game off and then, just like that problem gambler, you'll find yourself sitting back down at the machine one more time because you just know you're going to win.

Much like a slot machine, Assembloids looks beautiful. Bright colors. Friendly, smiling characters. Tight controls that make the player feel like they are, well, in control. It's a simple premise: just put the shapes where they will fit to form characters. But just like a slot machine, there are no patterns. Oh, there are times where you will think you see a pattern, only to find your controller on the other side of the room and your eyes adjusting to the word Failure splashed across the screen. Yes, not only did you just lose, but Assembloids will rub it in, too.

That said, this is a truly excellent game, one that is about how you handle luck as much as your skill. Outstanding effort and glad this was made available for the 2600.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...