Photo

New 2600, 5200, 7800 Homebrew Games in AtariAge Store!

13 replies to this topic

#1 Albert ONLINE  

Albert

Quadrunner

• 33,785 posts

Posted Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:35 AM

We're happy to announce the arrival of a new slate of games for the Atari 2600, 5200, and 7800 consoles. Click on any of the following boxes to learn more! Don't forget you can view a gameplay video for each game by clicking the "Video" tab.

2600_Anguna_Box_Front_news.jpg 2600_Assembloids_Box_Front_news.jpg 2600_Drive_Box_Front_news.jpg 2600_GizzleWap_Box_Front_news.jpg 2600_LEM_Box_Front_news.jpg 2600_PankyThePanda_Box_Front_news.jpg 2600_Scramble_Box_Front_news.jpg 5200_Ratcatcher_Box_Front_news.jpg 7800_CrystalQuest_Box_Front_news.jpg 7800_SuperCircusAtariAge_Box_Front_news. 7800_TimeSalvo_Box_Front_news.jpg
Here's a list of all the games broken down by system:

Atari 2600
  • Anguna - Defeat the Goblin King in this Zelda-like fantasy action-adventure for the 2600.
  • Assembloids 2600 - An addictive, fast-paced reaction game for the whole family and high score fanatics!
  • Drive! - Escape the crumbling temple with your treasure, driving over the bridge as fast as you can!
  • The Gizzle Wap - You must remove the Strange Red Tree and defeat the Invicta!
  • L.E.M. - The L.E.M. never failed in any mission assigned to it. Can you keep its record untarnished?
  • Panky the Panda - Your brother has been kidnapped by poachers -- can you save him in time?
  • Scramble - How far can you invade our Scramble system?
Atari 5200
  • Ratcatcher - The city sewer has been overrun by nasty critters, grab some friends and clean it out!
Atari 7800You can also browse all the newest games here.

Have fun!

#2 save2600 OFFLINE  

save2600

Quadrunner

• 13,904 posts

Posted Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:53 AM

Ordered a couple yesterday, but was wondering when Froggy might be available?

#3 Mayhem OFFLINE  

Mayhem

River Patroller

• 4,997 posts
  • Commodore Chaos Knight

Posted Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:35 AM

Ordered the 7800 titles, but likewise, I was wondering where Froggy was, but chose to order as I wanted a copy of BBCQ with POKEY.

#4 Albert ONLINE  

Albert

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 33,785 posts

Posted Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:35 AM

Froggie isn't quite ready yet. Hopefully soon.

..Al

#5 ColecoGamer OFFLINE  

ColecoGamer

Chopper Commander

• 159 posts

Posted Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:42 PM

Grr. Finding copies of Trailblazer that don't cost a small fortune will be an adventure for me. I want Crystal Quest and Super Circus!

#6 ColecoGamer OFFLINE  

ColecoGamer

Chopper Commander

• 159 posts

Posted Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:37 PM

And I meant to say Ballblazer...

#7 accousticguitar OFFLINE  

accousticguitar

Quadrunner

• 6,557 posts
  • Sherlock made it to 15 before he left us.

Posted Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:56 PM

This place claims to have pokey chips for $18.

http://www.arcadechi...products_id=168

#8 reklen OFFLINE  

reklen

Star Raider

• 77 posts

Posted Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:32 AM

Is there any way I can be told when the Crystal Quest game will be available with the Pokey chip installed, with a box.  I've been waiting to get this game for years, and doubt that a ballblazer will be heading my way anytime soon.

#9 Cankerwurm OFFLINE  

Cankerwurm

Star Raider

• 56 posts

Posted Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:35 PM

Hey Al, do you think you'll be at the PRGE this year? If so, I'll probably just buy them from you there.

#10 kennybrooks OFFLINE  

kennybrooks

Chopper Commander

• 158 posts

Posted Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:39 AM

Already on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/...119.m1438.l2649

#11 gauauu ONLINE  

gauauu

Moonsweeper

• 276 posts

Posted Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:38 PM

Hey Al, do you think you'll be at the PRGE this year? If so, I'll probably just buy them from you there.

I was wondering the same thing :)   Is it too early to start a PRGE 2017 thread in the events section?

#12 Coleco OFFLINE  

Coleco

Chopper Commander

• 126 posts

Posted Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:46 AM

What  a huge difference the NES-converted gamepad makes for Crystal Quest. tried it with the stock stick and it was almost unplayable. With the gamepad, it's a fast, fun platformer.

Panky Panda I didn't try with the stock stick, but it also works great with the NES gamepad and is arguably one of the best games of its kind on the 2600.

#13 DaveD OFFLINE  

DaveD

Moonsweeper

• 416 posts

Posted Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:56 AM

What  a huge difference the NES-converted gamepad makes for Crystal Quest. tried it with the stock stick and it was almost unplayable. With the gamepad, it's a fast, fun platformer.

Panky Panda I didn't try with the stock stick, but it also works great with the NES gamepad and is arguably one of the best games of its kind on the 2600.

NES-converted gamepad?!? What is this you speak of?

I too have noticed this new golden age of home-brews to be difficult with original joysticks. I have a Genesis gamepad but it's still a little imprecise in turns. I'd love another alternative.

#14 davidcalgary29 OFFLINE  

davidcalgary29

Quadrunner

• 5,273 posts

Posted Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:14 AM

What  a huge difference the NES-converted gamepad makes for Crystal Quest. tried it with the stock stick and it was almost unplayable.

Can't agree with that one. I've played BBCQ for hours on the PainLine, and have to say that its controls are as tight and precise as you can get with those controllers. And I hate those controllers! It also makes use of both buttons in a way that is intuitive and natural to gameplay and in a manner that most others on the 7800 do not. But I'm sure that the 7800pad makes for a much more enjoyable experience. :)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users