IGNORED

Tons of 8 Bit Atari Stuff

Hey guys,

My Dad gave me all his old 8-bit Atari computer stuff and its 4 tubs full of goodies. Multiple disk drives, printer, modem, two Atari 400s (one with upgraded RAM), an Atari 130XE, an Atari 800XL, a tape drive, printer, tons of disks, cartridges, tapes, two disk drives.... Just tons of stuff. Original manuals for almost everything, etc. What do you think is the best way to offload this with minimal hassle? I can take pictures of everything and post here--I'd love to sell to someone local-ish but I'm here in Colorado Springs so that leaves pretty much here or Denver. I'm sure shipping would be a nightmare.

Anyway, just looking for advice.

EDIT (15 Aug)--Pictures here: https://goo.gl/photos/PhCpnKoQVQJ7jCbx6

Edited by ground_gainer
  • Like 1

If you have a lot of software/disks/manuals/boxes, you could sell/donate it to people who are archiving software. There are a number of people here (including myself) who archive Atari software. You can use the Private Message system here to contact one of us.

Allan

I am interested in the any of the three computers, I haven't started collecting these yet and this would be a great start. Phoenix is a bit of shipping, but we could figure it out. I'll wait until you post some pics and see if anyone local is interested first.

Hey guys,

My Dad gave me all his old 8-bit Atari computer stuff and its 4 tubs full of goodies. Multiple disk drives, printer, modem, two Atari 400s (one with upgraded RAM), an Atari 130XE, an Atari 800XL, a tape drive, printer, tons of disks, cartridges, tapes, two disk drives.... Just tons of stuff. Original manuals for almost everything, etc. What do you think is the best way to offload this with minimal hassle? I can take pictures of everything and post here--I'd love to sell to someone local-ish but I'm here in Colorado Springs so that leaves pretty much here or Denver. I'm sure shipping would be a nightmare.

Anyway, just looking for advice.

Did you sell all this stuff or do you still have it? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Update--I finally got around to taking pictures. Please see google album here: https://goo.gl/photos/PhCpnKoQVQJ7jCbx6

There's two Atari 400s in the set--only one has updated RAM (as noted on the bottom) and the homebrew keyboard expansion (with associated keyboard you can also see in pictures).

I'm interested in comments in what you think it might be worth and if there's anything especially valuable that might be better to sell separate. Last time it was used everything worked but some of it has been in climate controlled storage in a plastic tub for 15+ years so no guarantees.

If you're more comfortable please feel free to send PMs.

Thanks for taking the time to look!

Brenski's already identified two of the more interesting components, and that Wico trackball's probably worth $50 or so. I certainly haven't seen one in awhile.

Is that a modified wireless CX-40 joystick? Is that an antenna sticking out of it? If it is a wireless mod, then it'll certainly attract interest.

It'd be interesting if you could separate those cables, although it'd be an onerous task; something valuable might be hidden in there.

The carts -- aside from M.U.L.E. are commons, and you won't get much for them. That M.U.L.E. is obviously a homebrew, and looks to have been made in a different run than the Sunmark one in which I acquired mine. There have been offers for about $50 for a M.U.L.E. cart on here. I say eBay them (without M.U.L.E. and that Pac-Man board) for $50 with a BIN option.

The Witness could be worth something if you have the box.

Seven Cities of Gold should be worth about $20 (if it works)

That's a nice book lot: it should be worth $50 as a lot and more if you break it up.

The case of the 130XE also seems to be in great shape; I don't see any yellowing. It might attract some attention if it works.

Those binders are also pretty intriguing. Nice haul!

I'm guessing that's a separate keyboard for the 400, and not a console on its own.

That's what I was thinking. "Homemade-type" keyboard with more traditional keys as an upgrade for the generally unpopular flat push-button screen keys of the 400.

Does anyone know what happened to ground_gainer? I contacted ground_gainer about a piece of hardware on August 26th. He kindly responded on the same day with a price. I wrote back within an hour of his initial response, agreeing to buy the item. I also asked if he accepted Paypal in the same PM.

According to the PM system, ground_gainer did read my second response, but so far he hasn't responded back.

Edit:

I went back and read his post where he said that work has been keeping him busy. Maybe I'll hear from him later in the week? He has more than one of the same item available, so hopefully he hasn't sold them yet!

Edit: Spelling

Edited by ColecoGamer