IGNORED

What is 8-bit?

sometimes99er

What is eight-bit? For me it describes a time when having a computer was new, and wondrous and exciting and fun!

A time when the friend you were playing a game with was sitting beside you and you didn't turn on the computer to see if people "Liked" you. Where you spent a night typing in code from the back of a magazine, and the following day finding your typos.

A time when hearing you computer talk was a "wow" moment, and the voice wasn't tracking your activities to better sell you something.

Don't get 8-Bit? Byte me!

(and yes very cool video)

• Like 5

Very well said.

When my friends and family ask me why I am making a video game on the TI specifically, my response is and always has been - Because of the limitations. I can try to make an old style video game in a modern engine on a modern PC to be played on a modern PC with all the modern tools available; but will it look and feel authentic or just mimic the look and feel as everyone else doing this for a modern device being the targeted platform? And would it actually work in the era I want it designed for? Some get it, some don't, I don't care. It excites me to be back to the TI and since I didn't learn a whole lot back then on it, the wow factor hits me every time one of these fine community folks posts something new. That feeling of exploration and discovery is back along with the WOW factor.

• Like 3