Photo

APF TV Fun and Radio Shack TV Scoreboard

4 replies to this topic

#1 Dastari Creel OFFLINE  

Dastari Creel

Chopper Commander

• 180 posts
  • A citizen of the universe and a gentleman to boot.

Posted Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:23 AM

Does anyone know if there's a resource for user's manuals or service manuals for the above? I'm looking for the service manual for the APF Model 401 and the User's Manual & Service manual for the Radio Shack 80-3056. I don't care about physical copies. Something digital would be fine. 

#2 mutterminder OFFLINE  

mutterminder

Star Raider

• 53 posts

Posted Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:41 AM

I couldn't find a specific service manual for the APF Model 401 however it is based on the General Instruments AY-3-8500.   There were a lot of pong clones based on this chip.  A typical schematic for this chip is the one below. I've included the datasheet as well.  This chip actually supported a total of 7 games.  You can play 5 of them on the 401 even though it only has 4 switch positions.  Just set it between positions to play Handicap.  There are also two shooting games on this chip, but you would need to set up a light gun.

schema_similaire.jpg Attached File  AY-3-8500.pdf   189.4KB   6 downloads

#3 Dastari Creel OFFLINE  

Dastari Creel

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 180 posts

Posted Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:40 PM

Oh, I understand that I can probably figure it out given time. I'm just trying to collect all the manuals and service manuals that i can find to compile on my video game archive, in the hopes of creating a one-stop shop for this kind of information and to make it easier for people who ever do need to do repairs or mod projects. There's a lot of information out there, but people have to search for it, which is completely unnecessary IMHO. 

#4 mutterminder OFFLINE  

mutterminder

Star Raider

• 53 posts

Posted Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:38 PM

Oh, I understand that I can probably figure it out given time. I'm just trying to collect all the manuals and service manuals that i can find to compile on my video game archive, in the hopes of creating a one-stop shop for this kind of information and to make it easier for people who ever do need to do repairs or mod projects. There's a lot of information out there, but people have to search for it, which is completely unnecessary IMHO. 

That certainly would be handy.  I wish you luck.  If I locate anything that could be useful in this regard. I will post it here.  Any manuals that I may have are stored away right now, but if I have any that aren't otherwise available I would be willing to scan them. Most of what I have is pretty common though.

Edited by mutterminder, Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:38 PM.

#5 Dastari Creel OFFLINE  

Dastari Creel

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 180 posts

Posted Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:07 AM

That certainly would be handy.  I wish you luck.  If I locate anything that could be useful in this regard. I will post it here.  Any manuals that I may have are stored away right now, but if I have any that aren't otherwise available I would be willing to scan them. Most of what I have is pretty common though.

Every little bit helps, and I have to start somewhere. I'm hoping to find more service manuals. I have almost all of the Magnavox ones, and I've found a few Radio Shack TV scoreboard ones, but would like to compile as much of that data as possible for anyone who's looking to work on old systems. 

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users