IGNORED

New Gamecube HDMI adapter

https://www.radioshack.com/products/radioshack-hdmi-to-component-converter

They are sold out.I think any adapter would work. Lots of options.

The GameCube can only do 480p and the HDMI adapter doesn't have HDCP (99% sure).

So almost any adapter should work any tv that supports 480p.

But, Output quality may vary depending the adapter.

Also, here is a list of games that support 480p and/or widescreen:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_GameCube_games_with_alternate_display_modes

I have the radioshack device.

http://mvvg.blogspot.com/2017/08/radioshack-component-to-hdmi-adapter.html

It converts hdmi to component and worked on my old bluray player. But I tried on my toaster NES. Does not work. Would not even detect that hdmi 3 was connected.

I have the radioshack device.

http://mvvg.blogspot.com/2017/08/radioshack-component-to-hdmi-adapter.html

It converts hdmi to component and worked on my old bluray player. But I tried on my toaster NES. Does not work. Would not even detect that hdmi 3 was connected.

So it didn't work with a nes modded with the kevtris hdmi mod? It should work with anything that outputs a non hdcp hdmi signal. Edited by H454

So it didn't work with a nes modded with the kevtris hdmi mod? It should work with anything that outputs a non hdcp hdmi signal.

No I meant original NES. Regular component cables work on my original NES. Factory untouched no mods. The green provides a video signal when plugged into my vcr or back of my tv. So what can't I just plug this adapter (green cable) into my NES. And the HDMI into my TV. If regular component cable sends video then why not this. I mean my old bluray player worked with this so why not NES.

The v2 Zeldaxpro version of the GCVideo didn't live for very long (a bump killed the console and PnP):

https://twitter.com/MetalJesusRocks/status/900363675415879682

Going to install the KNJN PlutoII with the collingall bracket!

Thats not really a surprise, nether is RetroRGB's twitter comment:

"The easiest "fix": Wait until @BadAssConsoles releases his P&P version of Unseen's GCvideo. It's taking forever, but a worthy wait."

A years wait for a product that is being sold as done, with almost no communication the buyers?

um.. NO! - please stop plugging BadAssConsoles!

From the site:

"ATTENTION: SCALPERS

BadAss Consoles will always have GCVideo available and for sale. Attempts to price gouge will be futile.

EVERYONE PLEASE PASS THE ABOVE MESSAGE ALONG TO ALL SOCIAL MEDIA OUTLETS. GET THE WORD OUT: SCALPERS NEED TO STOP TAKING ADVANTAGE OF OUR COMMUNITY!!"

Can you scalp something that has NEVER been available?!?

A normal person WOULD STOP TAKING ORDERS until they had a real product to ship. Or at least say their is a wait time / back order!

Only responding people on twitch or having a TINY link to to a YouTube interview that you say its taking longer because you think people can't install the kit with out ruining something is bad management.

I had to force paypal to refund my order after 5 months + dozens on emails and only got a canned response. All I wanted was the kit to begin with, I didn't ever care about an adapter at all.

Screw badass and get the KNJN board:

http://www.knjn.com/ShopBoards_RS232_Parallel.html

And the 3d part:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GameCube-GCVideo-3D-printed-Pluto-IIx-mount-/272807100848?var=&hash=item3f849201b0:m:m3jibYk8z9s7EdOCD362Tjg

The question is why can't he make a secure plug? The Nintendo one gets shoved it isn't going to fry the system. What makes this one so special it vomits enough electrical feedback into the system it blows it out?

First thing that comes to my mind is the pins shifting and hitting where they shouldnt.

• Like 2

That probably would be it, lack of trying to do it right and probably a slipped pin bridging something into a feedback loop of power causing a blowout. It can't be that hard to emulate a snugly fit jack and I saw his dumb fix in the video claiming it helped fix it adding another layer of plastic which looked kind of idiotic now that I think about it.

I want my HDMI cube, but not if I'm going to nuke the thing, yet I also don't want to chop shop something I've had since day one either.

Hopefully he fixes it.

A plug and play adapter versus a built-in solution is desirable since it's lower cost, there's no risk of a lost or damaged console like if you pay someone to install it, and it can be easily moved to a new system in the event of a hardware failure. But one that kills it in the course of normal handling obviously isn't worth anything.

Needs a redesigned plug, so why not just clone the GCN component cable plug itself since it has always been problem free? And I bet it would be better to just have a cable leaving the system with the HDMI adapter itself a bit further down the line, rather than have all the weight being supported by the GameCube's video port.

Edited by Atariboy

That's kind of what my thought was. I mean seriously how hard would it be to just 3D image the original cables jack dimensions and then put that form over his current jack to create a tight lock on snug fit like the Nintendo one. This can't be some rocket science challenge here if he's manufacturing all the rest of that. Sort of like the GC power brick itself, a 1:1 clone of the Nintendo jack, give it a foot of the cable, then his conversion process tool in the existing bit, and then a line out the back the rest of the way to the TV or from that point like the existing just a HDMI port to put your cable into and that to the TV.

Yes it would add the expense of a cloned port and a bit of cable on one side, but at least you wouldn't be vaporizing Gamecubes from shoves.

That's kind of what my thought was. I mean seriously how hard would it be to just 3D image the original cables jack dimensions and then put that form over his current jack to create a tight lock on snug fit like the Nintendo one. This can't be some rocket science challenge here if he's manufacturing all the rest of that. Sort of like the GC power brick itself, a 1:1 clone of the Nintendo jack, give it a foot of the cable, then his conversion process tool in the existing bit, and then a line out the back the rest of the way to the TV or from that point like the existing just a HDMI port to put your cable into and that to the TV.

Yes it would add the expense of a cloned port and a bit of cable on one side, but at least you wouldn't be vaporizing Gamecubes from shoves.

Or, at the bare minimum, glue a couple of pieces of plastic to the sides to ensure that it can't move sideways when plugged in. If I had the device myself that would be the first thing I would do after I make sure that it worked.

I think that's what he claimed fixed it supposedly between v1 and v2 gluing a piece to the bottom so clearly this thing is very wrongly sized on all sides, not just on the height of it. Amazing what you can overlook when doing all the other junk.

I still want this thing, but damnit he better fix it, or someone (myself?) will have to figure out a way to rig the thing not to be a shorting out slip and slide in there.

And thus I'm so glad I got my GameCube internally modded~

It might have cost a bit more, but I can't have any kind of problem like this.

If anybody is curious and wants to spend the bit extra, you might message Yurkie. (I think he quoted around $180-200.)

What's the best place to get a mode done nowadays?

What's the best place to get a mode done nowadays?

I really wish I had a straight answer that was obvious.

I ended putting out an open call and Yurkie (a member on AtariAge) ended up offering to do my HDMI mod for me. I can't remember where, but I saw someone linking a random user on some forum (insanely vague I know) was going to offer internal modding service. Yurkie said he'd be interested in doing more in the future, but the price tag is gonna be quite a bit more than any adapter. Granted he went above and beyond in getting mine done, so I'm more than grateful for the service.

UPDATE 8/23/17
PLEASE READ:
DO TO THE NATURE OF A MINORITY OF USERS REPORTING ISSUES WITH THEIR DEVICE, RESULTING IN KILLING THEIR GAMECUBE CONSOLE, I HAVE TAKEN IMMEDIATE ACTION:
I AM IN THE PROCESS OF DESIGNING A 3D PRINTED SOLUTION SO THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN. I AM WORKING AT LIGHTNING SPEED TO ACCOMPLISH THIS
FOR ALL THOSE WHO CONTACTED ME AND I RESPONDED BACK, YOU WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE UPGRADED TO VERSION 3.0 FREE OF CHARGE WITH THE NEW 3D PLUG. YOU WILL KEEP YOUR PLACE IN LINE, SO NO FURTHER ACTION IS NECESSARY.
ALL FUTURE CONTACT REQUESTS TO PURCHASE WILL BE VERSION 3.0 WITH THE UPGRADED PLUG.
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT AND PATIENCE, AS I AM DEDICATED TO PRODUCING THE BEST PRODUCT POSSIBLE.

https://zzblogs.wixsite.com/home/purchase-a-plug-n-play-2-0

Edited by Greg2600

Metal Jesus posted up an updated video showing what happened. I figure he will want to link the video here, so I will leave him to that.

However, I wanted to note the general blaming in the comments of it. Apparently everybody is saying that "the woman" (Kinsey) is to blame.

The long line of people doing that is the reason I stay away from Youtube comments. -_-

EDIT - I like how he says "Minority" when technically it's an issue with every single HDMI adapter. lol

Edited by KeeperofLindblum

The long line of people doing that is the reason I stay away from Youtube comments. -_-

Yeah, though the really annoying part is just how many comments there are saying exactly the same thing, and they've all been upvoted so they all appear on the first page. I have that same phenomenon on my videos; someone writes some obviously dumb thing and then 100 other people either don't read even the first page of comments to see if it's already been said, or they actually do and *intentionally* copy what they're seeing, but either way I end up with dozens of comments saying the same thing, often word for word.

I usually try to moderate those out after the first couple, but MJ gets a lot more comments than I do so I'm sure it's basically impossible for him.

I will say that I think that any time you have a console that falls off a shelf onto the floor like that while actually playing a game, though, there's a possibility that something can break. When I saw that his console was fried after being "bumped", I was picturing somebody's butt maybe knocking it over an inch as they shimmied by. But this thing got yanked off the shelf onto the floor, with the HDMI adapter taking all of the weight of the console before it hit the floor. I wouldn't necessarily expect a console to survive that; I'd feel lucky if nothing broke. I think this is just one of those "oh well, live and learn" things, and it sounds like MJ is basically treating it that way. (I dropped my 5200 from a similar height about a month ago and shattered the two smoked plastic panels, so it happens to us all...)

Obviously the adapter can and should be designed to be more robust and safer to use. But I personally wouldn't even worry about this if it were me; I don't have enough friends to have a GameCube party like that :)

I don't blame him for saying minority because it makes you come out looking less awful about missing something so obvious and it's likely true at this rate a minority have done it. Clearly someone had to run into the thing or knock it off a shelf to dislodge it with the power on to cross the pins(streams?) :D and fry the system, because we know it's a bad thing to cross the streams. It's a half truth wrapped around a cover up of a shoddy ass jack design.

I'm sticking with it, since he's been properly and publicly shamed by MJR with the public warning he's stopped what he's doing and fixing it before shipping and no one will get the v2 other than those reviewer ones in the wild now, so everyone will get v3.0 which won't nuke the fridge on your system basically. A win win all around, one public gaming figure with a fried cube fixes the issue. It's probably even a fair statement to say the designer being a lone gun on this probably didn't think of people being tipsy dumb butts and running into their cube or jerking it off the wall doing an impact enough to wobble his adapter and blow the thing up hadn't thought it could happen.