IGNORED

What's the rarest game you actually played in the 80s

cvga

It's not super rare, but it is an uncommon game. Don't remember when we got it, but we bought it new. Submarine Commander. Didn't know until recently that it is uncommon and one of only 13 Sears only games. Played a lot of it way back when and I still think it's a good game.

The rarest games I had as a kid were Frogger II: Threeedeep and Track and Field. Both of them are 6 on AtariAge's rarity chart. I saw Pigs in Space complete in box at a thrift store once in the 90's for $1 and I am very sad I didn't pick that up.

I had Frogger II on the Atari 8-bit (outside of the scope of this thread) and never knew it was particularly rare until much much later on. One of my favorite games too.

• Like 1

For the 2600? I want to say one of my cousins had Chase the Chuckwagon, but I'm probably wrong. :lolblue: Other than that, probably M.A.S.H.

When I was a kid, we had a Colecovision instead of an Atari. I inherited it from my sister when she was "too cool" for video games. The rarest we had for that was Oil's Well, and I still have it. I wrote my name on the label in pen when I brought it into school once, DUMB!!! :( We had a CV in the classroom in 6th grade we could play on Fridays, and only me and one other kid had a CV, so we wrote our names on the games we brought in.

My friend got a Xonox double ender of Spike's Peak / Haunted Mansion. We played the heck out of that thing.

I remember listening to another kid on the bus talk describe a double ender to us. We hadn't seen one yet but were amazed that you could turn the game around and plug it back into the Atari to play a completely different game. It seemed like magic at the time :)

• Like 1

Nice avatar.

attachicon.gifIMG_3070.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_3071.JPG

Wow, this takes me back. I used to visit Grampa's restaurant with my friends during my high school days, and Al Lewis was usually there, chatting with everyone. That was very cool. Thanks for the memories. :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Wow, this takes me back. I used to visit Grampa's restaurant with my friends during my high school days, and Al Lewis was usually there, chatting with everyone. That was very cool. Thanks for the memories. :thumbsup:

That's great, man. I never did get to meet him, maybe odd for a native NYer. Members of my family have, though.

post-61233-0-88892400-1503023333.jpg\

post-61233-0-19947200-1503023326.jpeg

• Like 1

Frogger II: Threeedeep! for me as well. I loved, and still love, Frogger and I remember getting Frogger II in 1984. Didn't care for it because it was just too different. I like it a bit better now, but when I need to get my hop on, I always reach for Frogger (or Kangaroo!)

On the 2600, I owned and played several rarity 4's back in the day and I owned Rampage not long after its release.

On the 7800, I've had Pete Rose Baseball since 1990 or so. It was a clearance-shelf purchase (only cost a buck or so), but I still say it counts.

• Like 1

On the 7800, I've had Peter Rose Baseball since 1990 or so. It was a clearance-shelf purchase (only cost a buck or so), but I still say it counts.

It counts. I bought Pete Rose Baseball at Hills Department Store around 1990 or so.