IGNORED

the official n-gage thread!

My wife worked at one of the local EB Games when the N-Gage launched, and she got this totally kick-ass T-shirt.

http://imgur.com/a/IsO8F

Top pic is the front, second pic is the back, and on the sleeve is an EB Games logo (which I didn't bother photographing). To her knowledge two of them were sold, and she sold one personally. She says.

Edited by derFunkenstein

Sadly the only N-Gage I have ever encountered in the wild was actually a pair of them still attached to the demo kiosk, at a thrift store for $100 back in 2002? It was right after it was discontinued and I was unemployed, so didn't buy it.

Only game I have a copy of for the N-Gage is a sealed copy of "adulterous golfer" or maybe it was titled "Tiger Woods", can't remember and not even sure where it presently is at.

N-Gage and Tapwave Zodiac are both systems I've wanted to own since they were still on the market, but they just never turn up it seems. CompUSA was the only local retailer that had carried the TapWave Zodiac, I went to get one when they advertised the price drop to $99.99 in the Sunday Ad, but they had already sold out and despite getting a rain check (yes, they offered those) I ended up getting a phone call a couple weeks later to notify that the system was discontinued and would not be restocked, bummer.

Still scour through the myriad of cellular phones when encountered at thrift stores and yard sales in the hopes of one day finding a N-Gage. Hasn't been all for naught, I found something even rarer than a N-Gage in the bottom of a storage tub filled with cell phones at a estate sale just earlier this year; a Watara SuperVision, now that was a truly random find!

• 1 year later...

I just got an N-Gage QD in the mail, and I tried to put the SIM card in and I broke the little door hinge. Argh! Luckily I found a way around it because it kept telling me to insert the SIM card even though it was inserted. I put a piece of folded up paper between the SIM card and the battery. Works nicely. I also used the same method when my Odyssey 2 controller broke. I am still wanting to program a homebrew game for this thing. Does anyone know how?