IGNORED

My IDE4 Zorro just shipped!

eightbit

https://www.amedia-computer.com/fr/accueil/273-carte-ide4-zorro2-pour-amiga-2000.html

Been waiting for this for a couple of months now and I just received confirmation that it shipped! Definitely less expensive than those Buddha boards I see going for $350+ on ebay and the like.

My plan is to install a CF reader in the front bay of the machine so that I can access the "HDD" on the fly and bring it to a PC (using WinUAE) to add stuff when needed. Right now I have a microSD2SCSI inside of the machine connected to a GVP SCSI card, but it is internal and I just hate that. This will be a good (and faster speedwise as well) solution.

This just arrived and WOW. The speeds are around double what I was getting with the microSD to SCSI on the GVP card. This is an awesome product. I paired it with one of those slot CF to IDE adapters so that I can access the CF card externally as well. Now I no longer have to tear apart the machine in order to access the card...thank God.

That said, my GVP SCSI card with 4MB and microSD to SCSI with pre-configured workbench microSD card are now up for sale if someone is interested ;) I haven't checked current value on the GVP but the microSD to SCSI goes for around $60.

Edited by eightbit
  • Like 1

I also wanted to add how EASY this device was to install and use. As long as you are using WB 2.05 or greater the card is detected and used out of the box. Talk about REAL plug and play :) I simply installed it, plugged a CF card into it that I had previously imaged of my preconfigured WB and turned it on. Really simple to use and highly recommended if you want a better HDD solution (or want to add CD drives, etc) to an Amiga 2000. In my opinion there just aren't enough modern homebrew projects that concentrate on this particular model...but there should be. It is my personal favorite big box Amiga. Here is the author's website/blog as well:

http://amigaprj.blogspot.com/

I had a few questions about the device and he answered almost immediately too. Very cool.

• Like 3