IGNORED

This guy...

Trooper Galactus

Some highlights: Conker on the N64 £680, which I accept isn't exactly rare, but is weirdly high priced normally for some reason. So let's have some REALLY easy to get stuff: Resi Evil 3 on Playstation £449, how about Disgaea on the PS2 for £149. Or Mario Kart 64 for £499 BARGAIN! Something modern, Beyond Two Souls SE on the PS3, a pinch at £149. The world has gone mad.

Conker's is both rare (developed by Rare at that) and coveted, hence its high value on the market. It's not necessarily a unicorn, but it was one of the system's later releases and didn't get as heavy a run as other games. As for the rest, probably just speculators hoping somebody will buy not knowing any better.

VGA is interesting, but I'd never do it. It costs a LOT of money to get something rated, making even the most common of games prohibitively expensive for a typical collector. Unless you have one of a handful of SUPER valuable games in complete condition (Magical Chase, Stadium Events, Metal Slug X, etc.), there's just no point outside of vanity.

I saw this new thing recently (well it's new to me); VGA graded games. WTF is that then? So someone takes a sealed game, says 'yep, that's sealed, and as new, I rate this one 98 on the VGA scale of collectableness!', sticks it in a perspex box with a VGA sticker and adds £100 to the price tag. I've seen some comical stuff up for hundreds of pounds/dollars lately that are 'VGA rated' that are common games, but still sealed...

Here you go, loads of them: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=vga&_osacat=1249&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xvga+graded.TRS0&_nkw=vga+graded&_sacat=1249

Some highlights: Conker on the N64 £680, which I accept isn't exactly rare, but is weirdly high priced normally for some reason. So let's have some REALLY easy to get stuff: Resi Evil 3 on Playstation £449, how about Disgaea on the PS2 for £149. Or Mario Kart 64 for £499 BARGAIN! Something modern, Beyond Two Souls SE on the PS3, a pinch at £149. The world has gone mad.

Anyhow, the whole thing doesn't bother me. I'd like to buy a copy of Impulse X, but I can't and the last one I saw for sale went for $250, which I'm simply not prepared to pay. Nothing I can do about it. But I do have an Amiga and can play it (well Arkanoid and Impact) and Another World on that, so it's not like it really matters. The marvellousness of flash carts and CDRs has bagged me many a game to play on original hardware that's priced it's self into the stratosphere. It's not like the original makers of these games see any of the cash from this, so I feel no guilt there. Plus I do buy everything that I can when the prices don't take the piss.

Wait... whaaaa????

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dragon-warriors-series-4-Nintendo-nes-new-factory-sealed-vga-graded-nos-/372051468350

This came up in your link. Damn you!!!

I was obsessed with Dragon Warrior 1 beat it, and then started playing Dragon Warrior 2, but never officially beat it. ... of course, that was like 25-30 years ago... but I never knew there was a Dragon Warrior 4 for the NES...

Now I have to go buy them... damnit!!!

Another copy of Another World is up for bid now, will be a much better example of the going rate in about 6 days.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Another-World-RGC-2012-Atari-Jaguar-NEW-Out-of-this-World-LIMITED-RUN-of-200-/202052197685?hash=item2f0b3fdd35:g:6t0AAOSw30tZtFw9

Nice! Scroll to the bottom it has other things "more like this" and some dbag is listing xenon 2 for $199.99 what the hell! Edited by UHATEIT