Photo

Intellivision Game Releases Month and Year?

catalog publication release date birthday

3 replies to this topic

#1 First Spear OFFLINE  

First Spear

Stargunner

• 1,110 posts

Posted Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:02 AM

Hey all. Wikipedia lists the year that each of the 125 was released, but not the month. Inty veterans, what would be the best way to get the release month? And what about the 21st century releases?

Thanks.

#2 JasonlikesINTV OFFLINE  

JasonlikesINTV

Quadrunner

• 8,431 posts

Posted Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:37 AM

With some work, I could probably piece together all of the releases 2011-current. I'm guessing someone else already has this info, though. It would take some time to sort through emails, notes, PMs, receipts, and threads.

Regarding the 125...ugh. I'm surprised no more printed ads and commercials didn't survive. Maybe someone has some internal documents? That's going to be tough.

#3 mr_me OFFLINE  

mr_me

River Patroller

• 2,138 posts

Posted Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:14 PM

I found that store print ads in magazines can be unreliable. They often list cartridges for sale with prices before they are available. Pinball and Motocross are good examples where a store might have listed it for sale years before it was available.

The intellivisionlives.com games list has release dates and release order for Mattel games released in 1980-82. But the release order doesn't match the release dates. http://www.intellivi...com/credits.php

#4 nanochess OFFLINE  

nanochess

River Patroller

• 4,897 posts
  • Coding something good

Posted Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:06 PM

The distributor order sheets, these allowed sellers to preorder games and it included a date of availability. I've seen very few of those.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: catalog, publication, release date, birthday

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users