Tutorvision games - Interest check

207 replies to this topic

#26 freewheel OFFLINE  

freewheel

River Patroller

• 2,993 posts

Posted Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:36 AM

are we hunting collapsing Lupins here?

I'm wondering how after all these years and soooo many variant obsessed collectors out there, no one's noticed the different GROM. I guess if true, this is proof that cmart never actually takes his stuff out of the packaging to, you know, play the actual games. :P

#27 m-crew OFFLINE  

m-crew

River Patroller

• 3,904 posts

Posted Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:01 AM

So will you see that second screen with any game ??

#28 grips03 OFFLINE  

grips03

River Patroller

• 3,441 posts

Posted Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:29 AM

Would be good if someone knew serial number range

or

if older console could be modded

Do you have video of the games in action?

#29 mr_me OFFLINE  

mr_me

River Patroller

• 2,287 posts

Posted Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:40 AM

The serial number of one compatible system to start would be nice.

edit:

And any cartridge that uses the built in title screen should say "INTV Corporation presents" with a Tutorvision Exec.  That means pretty much all the Mattel 'network' games (except Vectron).

Edited by mr_me, Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:08 AM.

#30 m-crew OFFLINE  

m-crew

River Patroller

• 3,904 posts

Posted Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:49 AM

The serial number of one compatible system to start would be nice.

That would help for sure...

#31 cmart604 ONLINE  

cmart604

Intellivision Hoarder

• 11,556 posts
  • But Atari Rules!

Posted Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:23 AM

I'm wondering how after all these years and soooo many variant obsessed collectors out there, no one's noticed the different GROM. I guess if true, this is proof that cmart never actually takes his stuff out of the packaging to, you know, play the actual games. :P

Lol! True fact about my 100 systems. Some of them have not been tested. I will, however, now be trying out my Super Pro systems. :)

#32 Ignorama OFFLINE  

Ignorama

River Patroller

• 2,603 posts

Posted Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:40 AM

Isnt it possible to make them work on normal Intellivision consoles? If not I am not interessted.

#33 Lathe26 OFFLINE  

Lathe26

River Patroller

• 3,183 posts

Posted Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:27 AM

Isnt it possible to make them work on normal Intellivision consoles? If not I am not interessted.

A normal Intellivision would require a modest amount of soldering and some new parts to become Tutorvision-compatible.

#34 Lathe26 OFFLINE  

Lathe26

River Patroller

• 3,183 posts

Posted Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:30 AM

I would be interested in the Tutorvision games if we find out how many Super Pro and Inty III systems are Tutorvision-compatible (i.e. how likely can I play the games).

#35 retrogmr OFFLINE  

retrogmr

Star Raider

• 71 posts

Posted Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:08 PM

I would definitely purchase a set of these.

#36 Rev OFFLINE  

Rev

A.K.A. Revolutionika

• 15,577 posts

Posted Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:55 PM

Yeah, if someone has a tutorvision super pro system, post the serial numbers.

#37 wolfy62 OFFLINE  

wolfy62

River Patroller

• 2,814 posts

Posted Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:13 PM

So ow many Super Pro Tutorvisions have we identified? Like 5-10, 5-10%, or are we hunting collapsing Lupins here?

Man,I really enjoyed paying extra for those Lupins! :thumbsup:

#38 wolfy62 OFFLINE  

wolfy62

River Patroller

• 2,814 posts

Posted Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:16 PM

I would buy repro boxes, but not the games unless I can find a system to play them on.

#39 wolfy62 OFFLINE  

wolfy62

River Patroller

• 2,814 posts

Posted Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:22 PM

Lol! True fact about my 100 systems. Some of them have not been tested. I will, however, now be trying out my Super Pro systems. :)

If you do, and you have a working system for sale please let me know.

At that point, I would love to purchase one so I could buy and play these games.

Thank you! Wolfy62.......and soon to be 55! :)

#40 wolfy62 OFFLINE  

wolfy62

River Patroller

• 2,814 posts

Posted Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:00 PM

In answer to the original question I would buy one of each

As a collector I am certain to purchase these however they come out.

Nothing can change my collecting habits, or anyone elses at this point of the game.

#41 freewheel OFFLINE  

freewheel

River Patroller

• 2,993 posts

Posted Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:35 PM

After all the research I could handle for one day, I'm fairly certain that if these do exist, very few of the "standard" consoles would contain the WBEXEC. I highly doubt INTV was producing more than a handful of boards by the late 80s. It wouldn't surprise me if we're talking the low 100s in terms of Super Pros that had this board, which means maybe a dozen or so have survived and are accounted for by collectors at best.

Especially because nowhere in years of variant collecting, screenshots, etc, has this rabid community ever once mentioned a different font on startup.

I'm waiting to see even ONE of them from the local crowd before I accept this as anything more than a collapsing Lupin :lol:

#42 JasonlikesINTV OFFLINE  

JasonlikesINTV

Quadrunner

• 8,517 posts

Posted Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:32 PM

I tested my Super Pro Systems (3504) tonight:

SN:  A 11244  (Nope)

SN:  A   7229  (Nope)

#43 BBWW OFFLINE  

BBWW

River Patroller

• 2,955 posts
  • If it is not fun move away slowly.

Posted Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:35 PM

What we need is an upgrade service for the Sears Super Video Arcade. As that is the closest in color to the TutorVision. I would buy them. As I'm a colletor in way too deep already. LOL

Can I paint 206 shells with vinyl paint and get couple of each in exhchange. I've got 2800 common carts left. LOL

#44 Lathe26 OFFLINE  

Lathe26

River Patroller

• 3,183 posts

Posted Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:14 PM

If you have extra Super Pro Tutorvisions, I would also be interested in one.

#45 pimpmaul69 OFFLINE  

pimpmaul69

River Patroller

• 4,848 posts
  • INTV Brotherhood Technician

Posted Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:29 PM

If someone like joe makes the chips that are needed available i probably would do some for people. I would mod my sears unit too if it is possible.

#46 Lathe26 OFFLINE  

Lathe26

River Patroller

• 3,183 posts

Posted Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:39 PM

If someone like joe makes the chips that are needed available i probably would do some for people. I would mod my sears unit too if it is possible.

That may be complicated to do since the Tutorvision has both a modified EXEC ROM and modified/enhanced video hardware.  It's not impossible but it likely will be a tricker upgrade than the other upgrades we've seen.

#47 cmart604 ONLINE  

cmart604

Intellivision Hoarder

• 11,556 posts
  • But Atari Rules!

Posted Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:52 PM

If you have extra Super Pro Tutorvisions, I would also be interested in one.

:) just so were clear I dont have 100 Super Pros, I meant 100 total systems. I believe I only have 3 or 4 of them and I think theyre all box variations. :)

#48 JoeM_Intellivision OFFLINE  

JoeM_Intellivision

Stargunner

• 1,194 posts

Posted Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:07 PM

I would definitely support the release of these games just hoping that one of my two Super Pro Systems is compatible so I can actually play the games. If not I'm sure one of you smart tech people will be able to work up a mod in future. Would be great to see it compatible with Sears Telegames unit but that may be asking too much. Good luck on the project!

#49 pimpmaul69 OFFLINE  

pimpmaul69

River Patroller

• 4,848 posts
  • INTV Brotherhood Technician

Posted Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:25 AM

I would definitely support the release of these games just hoping that one of my two Super Pro Systems is compatible so I can actually play the games. If not I'm sure one of you smart tech people will be able to work up a mod in future. Would be great to see it compatible with Sears Telegames unit but that may be asking too much. Good luck on the project!

if you have a super pro that works or is modify-able, you can pull the board and put it into a sears unit.

#50 mr_me OFFLINE  

mr_me

River Patroller

• 2,287 posts

Posted Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:21 AM

This is the highest serial number for model 3504 A in the database and it's branded "INTV System III".

A 171447 Canada Steve Jones

I always thought that even if they were to use the same tutorvision mainboard in these Intellivisions there was a chance these boards might be jumpered to disable the extra gram. I'm not sure if there is such a jumper. And I'm not sure if they were aware of the incompatibility with extra gram; it affected very few cartridges. There also seems to be some evidence that some INTV systems had Intellivision II execs in them. I always wondered what that board looked like.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users