IGNORED

5200 HSC Season 10 Round 17 The Dreadnaught Factor(s)

zylon

We'll be playing The Dreadnaught Factor on Game 5, or Advanced(10 dreadnaughts) Emulation is fine, as are custom controls. Pics preferred, but not required except for HSC wins and records. I chose Game 5 as it will keep things tighter among those who can finish the game, while still leaving for a wide range of scores.

Round ends Sunday, October 8th 2017 @9pm EST

Current HSC record: Bust it for a bonus point!

The Dreadnaught Factor - (Game 5)
atariksi 30,039

Final scores:
21,315 Northcoastgamer +11+5+5=21
17,038 sdamon +10+3+2=15
13,907 zylon +9+4+4=17
10,194 atariron82 +8+2+3=13
1,549 RangerG +7+1+1=9
1,294 jblenkle +6

Added bonuses: This round can equal up to 2 regular rounds. Each game below will be scored as a half-round. Game 3 both games. We need to break these in finally. :)

TDF2 scores:

5,156 Northcoastgamer +5

5,151 zylon +4

4,546 sdamon +3

4,451 atariron82 +2

3,491 RangerG +1

TDF3 scores:

5,100 Northcoastgamer +5

5,072 zylon +4

4,717 atariron82 +3

4,691 sdamon +2

3,603 RangerG +1

Dreadnaught Factor, The.bin

The Dreadnaught Factor II.bin

tdf3-5200.bin

Edited by zylon

I missed TDF2 and TDF3, but I will add them to my flashcart. It makes me wonder what else I have missed. Are these A8 conversions or hacks?

TDF2 was a hack by Fandal and TDF3 was done by one of our members and uploaded in the 5200 section of the Hacks forum. The play is straightforward with no changes, but the ships have been redesigned. TDF2 was also done for A8, but not sure about TDF3.

Only real difference between A8 and 5200 for TDF is the controls. Fire control is superior on 5200 in that you can drop bombs at will. A8 uses a single button for both fires and it drops bombs every few shots.

Edited by zylon

TDF2 5,156 (Game 3).

One thing I've noticed on this one, is that the randomness of which ships you face determines score somewhat. The large two-sided upside down "U" shaped one gives much less points.

One thing I've noticed on this one, is that the randomness of which ships you face determines score somewhat. The large two-sided upside down "U" shaped one gives much less points.

That is true but it also helps to take out all four engines if possible on the first pass for a better score. Playing TDF3 I can do this on both Dreadnaughts, yet playing TDF2 it is tuff with a stock controller to destroy all four engines on the first pass of the first Dreadnaught. Not so hard on the second Dreadnaught.

That is true but it also helps to take out all four engines if possible on the first pass for a better score. Playing TDF3 I can do this on both Dreadnaughts, yet playing TDF2 it is tuff with a stock controller to destroy all four engines on the first pass of the first Dreadnaught. Not so hard on the second Dreadnaught.

I've known about the engines 1st method for some time. I'll keep at it when hands cooperate. I can't do long drawn-out games well these days, but can still give you a good run for it on these shorter ones. ;)

I use stock controller and system for all games here. I like being able to switch hands when needed without reversed controls.

You should try the A8 versions. Much harder when you have to time the bomb drops, instead of having direct control.

TDF3- G3- 4,990

post-25215-0-68691400-1507166110_thumb.jpg

Edited by zylon