IGNORED

Lynx homebrew activities

Tidus79001

Is it me or is Lynx development at a standstill at this present time? Reading the Lynx forums as opposed to the ones for the other systems there seems to be very little homebrew activity being discussed for it. Is there something about the Lynx that holding back development or a hurdle that is preventing the Lynx from flourishing with homebrews or is it just limited interest. I don't even see a category in the AtariAge store the the Lynx. Not trying to be inflammatory or upset anyone with these questions but am just curious as to why there seem to be so little activity on the Lynx as of this time.

I feel that the homebrew scene is really doing great: Some titles have still not been released. Wyvern Tales has been playtested. It is a wonderful jRPG with a main storyline in three settings. And it has a side quest line also.

The new high color graphics tools for non-flickering displays.

Flappy bird was released this year.

Most likely I get my updated Solitaire out with new music tracks, better graphics and two new games in the "same game" style.

I'm actually of the view that there's been a definite uptick in Lynx activity over the past two years. SainT's multicard and the LuchSoft releases have certainly been invigorating. :)

I feel that the homebrew scene is really doing great: Some titles have still not been released. Wyvern Tales has been playtested. It is a wonderful jRPG with a main storyline in three settings. And it has a side quest line also.

The new high color graphics tools for non-flickering displays.

Flappy bird was released this year.

Most likely I get my updated Solitaire out with new music tracks, better graphics and two new games in the "same game" style.

I just didn't see anything in the AtariAge store for the Lynx or too much discussion about upcoming homebrews for it, but I have only been frequenting the forums for last month. I didn't mean to imply that there was no one working on Lynx projects. I hope I haven't offended anyone as I didn't mean to snub anyone's efforts. What all of the hombrewers do here for all the systems is nothing short of amazing. I myself would like to program something but I definitely would need some time as I would need to learn to program for the system (perhaps in time).

I just didn't see anything in the AtariAge store for the Lynx or too much discussion about upcoming homebrews for it, but I have only been frequenting the forums for last month. I didn't mean to imply that there was no one working on Lynx projects. I hope I haven't offended anyone as I didn't mean to snub anyone's efforts. What all of the hombrewers do here for all the systems is nothing short of amazing. I myself would like to program something but I definitely would need some time as I would need to learn to program for the system (perhaps in time).

I'm sure no one took offense to your remarks. The Lynx is thought to have a tiny active user base (although if SainT's sold 6-700 copies of his multicart, it's larger than I thought it was by a factor of two or three), so there's not as much forum activity as the 2600 or the A8 family. But yes, we've seen more commercial releases for the Lynx in the past two years than in the ten before that.