Photo

Anyone seen this document?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Casey OFFLINE  

Casey

Chopper Commander

• 140 posts

Posted Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:58 PM

While perusing the internal TI documentation for the 99/4 and 99/8, many mention this document:  "Home Computer BASIC Language Specification (Revision 4.1, 12 Aprill 1979)"   Has anyone seen this document?  I couldn't find it on whtech, or anywhere else for that matter, and I think it would be interesting to look through.  Another document mentions that TI 99/4 BASIC is a subset of TI Standard BASIC (I think we knew that).  Just wondering if anyone has seen this. 

#2 helocast OFFLINE  

helocast

Chopper Commander

• 104 posts

Posted Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:04 PM

Attached File  source.JPG   60.72KB   2 downloads

While perusing the internal TI documentation for the 99/4 and 99/8, many mention this document:  "Home Computer BASIC Language Specification (Revision 4.1, 12 Aprill 1979)"   Has anyone seen this document?  I couldn't find it on whtech, or anywhere else for that matter, and I think it would be interesting to look through.  Another document mentions that TI 99/4 BASIC is a subset of TI Standard BASIC (I think we knew that).  Just wondering if anyone has seen this. 

Sounds familiar ... since I'm a pack rat, I checked all my document stash for you with no luck.

I did find one direct reference (you've probably already seen via Google). So perhaps the file is there and was renamed on 99er.net ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sorry I can't be of more help.

#3 Ksarul OFFLINE  

Ksarul

River Patroller

• 4,234 posts

Posted Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:37 PM

I'll have to look through my documentation collection, as I have most of the personal documentation sets from two or three of TI's engineers. . .but I'm pretty sure I've scanned just about everything I have and put it up on WHT already.

#4 Casey OFFLINE  

Casey

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 140 posts

Posted Sun Oct 1, 2017 5:47 AM

Thanks guys!

#5 kl99 OFFLINE  

kl99

Dragonstomper

• 676 posts

Posted Tue Oct 3, 2017 2:59 AM

I am searching for this document as well!
Here is my compilation of the internal TI documents that are known to exist, the link goes directly to the BASIC section:
http://www.ti99.eu/?...4ba32236a226ea2

[The automatic opening of documents from your local copy of your The Cyc no longer works due to security restrictions of the browsers.]

Another method to catch information as long as the document stays absent is trying to get the information from the 99/8 documents and commented source code files.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users