IGNORED

Mega Speedy software and logic V1.10 released

HiassofT

Test passed :)

But I can't activate any IS Plate slot with the rotary knob... Is it normal?

It goes like that:

FL; E(1-4); S(1-4); y(1-4); o(1-4); t(1-4); H(1-4); U(1-4); A(1-4); d(1-4); u(1-4); and then FL again.

I can do that from the Megaspeedy menu / Flasher menu, but the display does not show 'I1 / I2 / I3 / I4'.

It is actually not a complain. I just want to understand if I did everything properly or something went wrong by CPLD programming.

Test passed :)

Very good!

But I can't activate any IS Plate slot with the rotary knob... Is it normal?

It goes like that:

FL; E(1-4); S(1-4); y(1-4); o(1-4); t(1-4); H(1-4); U(1-4); A(1-4); d(1-4); u(1-4); and then FL again.

I can do that from the Megaspeedy menu / Flasher menu, but the display does not show 'I1 / I2 / I3 / I4'.

You also have to update the config ROM (using config.rom) - that's the thing responsible for mode selection with the knob at power up.

so long,

Hias

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Just a quick warning as this was driving me bonkers. My MSpeedy drives were intermittently detecting the IS P mode.

After reading the IS P manual, I found out what my problem was and why it was intermittent.

If the drive is powered on in IS P mode with a write protected disk or in my case a toggle switch, it is automatically disabled and in slow mode.

Now seeing both fine :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Funny how 'alike' the I.S. Plate is to the Happy Software. I presume this is a brazen rip-off of the Happy + Software, but it seems they did add quite a bit of useful features, and a full set of software right off the bat and 'drive emulation' tools too. Even the Customizer tool, no one seems to have the Happy version of that anymore.

Starting at both $0F77 and $1F77 of the 8KByte ROM on pastebin has this text: (At first glance, the base 4KB may be repeated in the upper 4KB?)

THIS ROM PROGRAM (c)1986,87 INNOVATED SOFTWARE, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. VIOLATORS WILL BE PROSECUTED!  REVISION 2.0.0

Compared to Happy 1050 Rev 2 ROM

THIS ROM PROGRAM (C) 1984 HAPPY COMPUTERS, INC.  ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.  VIOLATORS WILL BE PROSECUTED.

Seems pretty similar...

Edited by Nezgar