IGNORED

Sydney Hunter & The Sacred Tribe issues on my Adam

mswift74

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if there is a version of this game that works for the Adam as well? I was interested in purchasing a copy of the game, and it was sold out on the CollectorVision website. I found some copies for sale on eBay, and I think they are leftovers from the recent Coleco Event in New Jersey. You can see them here:

http://www.ebay.com/...DgAAOSwD5ZZv7EF

The odd thing is, the game box image on the CollectorVision website says the game is "For Use with ColecoVision and Adam" and the one on eBay says "For Use Only with ColecoVision." Are there different versions of the game?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

Just an update for you all. I received the game that I bought on eBay today, and it is NOT working on my Adam. It just comes up with a black screen when it is installed. Are there two versions of the game, and a cartridge that is working on the Adam? I thought I saw some members on the forum that are using the game on an Adam.

I also emailed CollectorVision, and have not received a reply.

If anyone has any information, please let me know.

Thanks,

Mark

Edited by mswift74

• 3 months later...

Did you ever get an answer on this? I have Sydney Hunter and The Sacred Tribe for Coleco Vision as well, and have had the same problem trying to play the game on my Adam.

It appears to require the SGM. It's the only way it works on my Adam.

Edited by ed1475

I finally got the cart to work on my Adam. When you put the cartridge in and turn it on normally, you get the black screen. I tried in two Adam computers, and two separate ColecoVisions, and they all did the same thing. The trick is to turn on the console without a cartridge. You get the "Turn Game off Before Inserting Cartridge or Expansion Module" message. With that screen on, put the cart in the slot and hit reset. The game works then and I have been able to play it without issue. Not sure why, but it works.