Boggy 84 is fast becoming one of my favorite ColecoVision games. Here are some tips for anyone playing it...
1. Collect 7 keys in "correct" order for more points. Jump over keys to avoid them on Screen #1. Run underneath to avoid keys on Screen #2 and backtrack to grab the ones you need.
2. You can't go UP the slides but enemies CAN so watch out.
3. Only blue enemies can be stunned but while stunned they sure as shit can be knocked off screen by jumping into them from below for extra points.
4. Blue enemies can turn on a dime so be careful when following too closely behind them.
5. Jumping over blue enemies is risky because they can and often will backtrack causing you to lose a life by landing on them.
6. Blue enemies will sometimes pause their movement at times and wait for YOU to make a move.
7. Blue enemies move at different speeds. The darker one is faster than the lighter one.
8. Yellow enemies never stop their progressive movement. They go up or down any slide they encounter. On Screen #1 keeping them to your left is helpful. Jumping over them as they pass underneath you is just a matter of timing but watch out because again they will go up any slide they encounter causing you to jump into rather than over them.
9. Yellow enemies in boats on Screen #2 can be knocked off screen by jumping into them from below. Don't miss this opportunity to take them out or else you must jump over them which isn't always safe since they move at different speeds, can clump together, and/or can be under a non-stunned lethal blue enemy.
10. Watch out for yellow enemies near house at top of Screen #2. Anticipate them and jump forward for last key to avoid them should they spawn.
11. In later levels enemy movement speeds up so don't rely on outrunning them since they will eventually be able to quickly chase you down.
Edited by rodge2001, Wed Dec 6, 2017 4:41 PM.