IGNORED

The Intellivision is the tool of the Devil!

I don't understand people's fear of this number. Nobody wants that phone extension at work when I offer it to them. So silly :)

There is a small town near my home where the phone numbers all start with 666. I always said that I'd love to have the phone number 666-1313. The last time I checked it was used by a pizza place in the small town.

• Like 1

So that really is an unversal problem, not just PAL related? I once heard someone (former distributor) commenting it was due to the motherboards were inserted upside down, but since it is physically impossible to insert them in another orientation without rewiring cables and drill new holes in the case, I chalked it off as misunderstanding, poor memory or simply ignorance.

So that really is an unversal problem, not just PAL related? I once heard someone (former distributor) commenting it was due to the motherboards were inserted upside down, but since it is physically impossible to insert them in another orientation without rewiring cables and drill new holes in the case, I chalked it off as misunderstanding, poor memory or simply ignorance.

Didn't know they have an overheating problem; some people would leave it running for days without a problem. All Intellivisions using the original design have the mainboard upside down. Have you seen that with any other computer?

Didn't know they have an overheating problem; some people would leave it running for days without a problem. All Intellivisions using the original design have the mainboard upside down. Have you seen that with any other computer?

I can say here at Mexico it was a great problem with System 1. I know of 3 that overheated.

I always found it utterly ridiculous when high-rise buildings omit the 13th floor, or airliners skip row 13.

Hell, I'd have no hesitation taking flight 666 on Friday the 13th, sit in the 13th row holding an umbrella over my head with a black cat repeatedly running back and forth in front of me, spilling out packets of salt on mirrors as I broke them. Oh, and I'd probably watch that Mayday Air Crash Investigation series on my phone the whole flight. I don't buy into any of this crap.

There's a great book that goes into all these silly superstitions we have, and how they came about. The Extraordinary Origins of Everyday Things" by Charles Panati - https://www.amazon.com/Panatis-Extraordinary-Origins-Everyday-Things/dp/0060964197

For example, the Christian expression "God bless you" after sneezing goes back to the sixth century, when a plague swept throughout Italy. One foreboding symptom was severe chronic sneezing, so sneezing became synonymous with death.

Broken mirrors being bad luck - that's what wealthy fifteenth century Italians told the servants cleaning them so they'd be extra careful, as mirrors were extremely expensive.

It's all nonsense.

Sent from my Keyboard Component using Jack's Conversational Intelli-talk cassette

• Like 3

I always found it utterly ridiculous when high-rise buildings omit the 13th floor, or airliners skip row 13.

Hell, I'd have no hesitation taking flight 666 on Friday the 13th, sit in the 13th row holding an umbrella over my head with a black cat repeatedly running back and forth in front of me, spilling out packets of salt on mirrors as I broke them. Oh, and I'd probably watch that Mayday Air Crash Investigation series on my phone the whole flight.

Found your flight, buddy :)

epvvife0wlrz.jpg

• Like 3

Years ago at my work they had a Halloween contest where you had to guess how many Candy Corns were in a jar. Determined to win at any cost, I harnessed the power of the dark underlord and guessed 666. And that's how you win a big jar of Candy Corn.

Bahahahahaha. Jason FTW!

• Like 1

I always thought it was silly, too.

Oddly, the building I work in has a 13th floor but which one is the 13th depends on your perspective. You could say that the floor that is labeled the 13th floor -is- the 13th floor. Alternatively, if you count the unlabeled floor between the 4th floor and the 5th floor, then the floor labeled as the 12th floor is actually the 13th floor (the unlabeled is not accessible by elevator, only by some of the stairwells since the 4th floor is double-height to have a grand art deco entryway and hallway).

• Like 1

I always thought it was silly, too.

Oddly, the building I work in has a 13th floor but which one is the 13th depends on your perspective. You could say that the floor that is labeled the 13th floor -is- the 13th floor. Alternatively, if you count the unlabeled floor between the 4th floor and the 5th floor, then the floor labeled as the 12th floor is actually the 13th floor (the unlabeled is not accessible by elevator, only by some of the stairwells since the 4th floor is double-height to have a grand art deco entryway and hallway).

I'd definitely cross your fingers and avoid all cracks while walking into the building. If there's any wood around, make sure to 'knock' it too. Can't be too careful.

Sent from my Keyboard Component using Jack's Conversational Intelli-talk cassette