IGNORED

Rampage help

I just received a PAL version of "Rampage" in the mail yesterday. The game loads in full colour on my NTSC machine (no graphics conversion problems apparent), but I can't move either of Lizzie, George, or Ralph during gameplay. Does this sound like a PAL -- NTSC conversion problem? :ponder:

Doesn't to me... Typically you see rolling of the screen or "jumping" but perhaps someone with more expertise could say yes or no definitely. The copy of Rampage that I have (off the web, Holmes site I think) doesn't work at all on NTSC machine.

I'm putting a PAL ANTIC in one of my 800XLs and a stereo pokey upgrade eventually... I have both the ANTIC and the POKEY desoldered and a stereo upgrade board created. Just need to get to the electronics store and buy some parts and then solder it all in. Then a memory upgrade and I should have a machine that can play a lot of European demos and PAL games.

From what I can see so far, I'd say it's slightly superior (graphically) to the 7800 version. I'll try it with other input devices tonight. I find it interesting that the XE version features a "zoom" feature that isn't available on either the Lynx or the 7800.

I might try this one out too.

I have the 7800 version and thought Spectral Dimensions did a truly horrible job porting the game over. When you compare this to how Blue Sky Software did KLAX and Xenophobe or Sculptured Software did Commando, you almost wanted to smack them silly.

Archived