Photo

1088XEL Atari ITX Motherboard Pre-order & Interest Thread

1088XEL ITX Christmas 2017

198 replies to this topic

#1 MacRorie OFFLINE  

MacRorie

Dragonstomper

• 733 posts
  • No matter where you go, there you are.

Posted Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:53 PM

Folks,

With Michael's blessing, I am selling production versions of the 1088XEL.

I will be selling it in the following formats:

SEE THE ATTACHED PDF FOR THE PRICES (Second Page)

FULL BOM means just that:  ALL chips, All sub-assembly boards.  I ordered all of the parts.  I have verified that I have all of them.  I am waiting on some of the daughterboards, but I will guarantee that you will have them by one method or another.  The only thing it would not include is solder. and a soldering iron. and time. and knowledge. and donuts. Definitely no donuts.

Shipping has been listed.  I can do international (outside of the United States) and I will make it as inexpensive as possible.  The problem is that once we cross 16 oz (2.2Kg for the rest of the world), pricing shifts from first class to Priority Mail and You KNOW how ridiculous those prices are.  However, if you work with me, I will work with you!

Pricing is attached, BUT, if you want more info, let me know via PM or post here.  I do not want to clutter the development thread with this stuff, but I also wanted to get it out there for people to see. California residents MUST include 8% sales tax.  Sorry, but that is the way it works.  On the plus side, that means I am able to get better pricing.  On the minus side, if you live in beautiful California, uh, you gotta pay for it. ;-)

Thanks

-M

UPDATE (28 OCT 17):  BLUE Bare boards are running out.  If you specifically want a blue motherboard, you need to let me know ASAP.  There are 17 blue boards left as of this writing.  After that, all future orders will shift to the next order of green boards.  Also, STARTING WITH THE GREEN board order, boards cost will increase a little bit to $12 per board.  This is to cover increased shipping costs.  I am still waiting on some parts for the full/partial BOMs so hang in there.

UPDATE (15NOV17):  Realan H80 Cases have been ordered and are in hand.  Will be finalizing prices and stuff by the end of the week.  Interest list has been updated.  All paid baseboards have been shipped.  ALL BLUE BOARDS have been spoken for.  All Future requests will be with GREEN boards. NOW is the time to make sure you have the color you want. Check the list, if there needs to be a change, I need to know pretty soon!

UPDATE (16NOV17): Updated interest list.  Something that bears repeating: All Future requests will be with GREEN boards. NOW is the time to make sure you have the color you want. Check the list, if there needs to be a change, I need to know pretty soon!

UPDATE (21NOV17): Updated interest list.  I have also included actual pricing for the FOUR purchase options (assembly is, technically, a 5th option).  The casing options are shaping up as well. PLEASE READ THE DESCRIPTIONS.  I have tried to be as clear as possible, but am HAPPY to answer any question.  I have tried to keep this as easy for people as possible.  Please remember, there are at least ten different vendors that you have to buy parts from (and even then, sometimes you have to find an alternate source).  So, you can CERTAINLY do this yourself.  However, I am not certain you can do it all that much cheaper after you factor in shipping from multiple sources, failure of parts, time involved in ordering, etc etc etc.  However, it is entirely up to you.

UPDATE (22NOV17) : Major edit to the post.  Orders have started coming in!  I will keep everyone updated!

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0774.JPG

Attached Files

Edited by MacRorie, Yesterday, 7:44 PM.

#2 DrVenkman OFFLINE  

DrVenkman

River Patroller

• 2,381 posts
  • Back off, man! I'm a scientist.

Posted Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:59 PM

I am in for at least 2 bare boards.

That said, I *want* to buy a single board plus BOM to assemble myself but that depends on a few things - most obviously, whether my Financial Manager (MrsVenkman ;) ) okays a big $300-ish purchase around the time you've got parts in hand and ready to ship. In the case she says "Nope!", I know I'll want to pick up a couple boards and put one together piecemeal as funds allow. 

#3 ZuluGula ONLINE  

ZuluGula

Star Raider

• 97 posts

Posted Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:03 PM

I am interested in one baseboard.

#4 AtariGeezer OFFLINE  

AtariGeezer

River Patroller

• 2,526 posts

Posted Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:06 PM

I would like 1 bare board and one kit please :)

#5 Standard User OFFLINE  

Standard User

Dragonstomper

• 918 posts
  • Redundant

Posted Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:20 PM

Interested in one (1) assembled, unit,  but perhaps will take a case, as well, depending on price and if it strikes my fancy. :D  Depends on the time-frame we're talking about. If it's a month, two or more, many things are possible. ;)

#6 gozar OFFLINE  

gozar

Dragonstomper

• 802 posts

Posted Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:53 PM

I'm in for one assembled, mainly because I'm too wussy to assemble one myself. :-)

#7 IndusGT OFFLINE  

IndusGT

Moonsweeper

• 353 posts

Posted Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:05 PM

one assembled, thanks

#8 Gandor OFFLINE  

Gandor

Moonsweeper

• 330 posts

Posted Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:08 PM

In for one assembled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 poobah OFFLINE  

poobah

Stargunner

• 1,629 posts

Posted Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:26 PM

i would like at least 2 bare boards please

#10 venom4728a OFFLINE  

venom4728a

Dragonstomper

• 606 posts

Posted Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:50 PM

I would like 4 bare boards

#11 Firedawg OFFLINE  

Firedawg

Moonsweeper

• 398 posts

Posted Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:04 PM

PM sent.

#12 chevymad OFFLINE  

chevymad

Star Raider

• 70 posts

Posted Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:56 PM

Interested in one kit. 

#13 davidcalgary29 OFFLINE  

davidcalgary29

Quadrunner

• 5,400 posts

Posted Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:18 PM

Fully assembled with 3D printed case, please!

#14 kazmat OFFLINE  

kazmat

Space Invader

• 13 posts

Posted Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:43 PM

Interested in one kit & one bare board

#15 marty OFFLINE  

marty

Space Invader

• 16 posts

Posted Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:15 PM

One assembled with case for me, please!

#16 Evidious OFFLINE  

Evidious

Space Invader

• 46 posts

Posted Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:34 PM

2 Bareboards please

#17 JoSch ONLINE  

JoSch

Moonsweeper

• 425 posts

Posted Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:55 AM

I'm interested in one fully assembled board.

#18 KlasO OFFLINE  

KlasO

Space Invader

• 30 posts

Posted Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:59 AM

Interested in one fully assembled, and possibly one fully assembled with case.

Kind regards, 
Klas

#19 Bikerbob OFFLINE  

Bikerbob

Dragonstomper

• 596 posts

Posted Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:36 AM

Well, I hope the interest matches the orders for McRorie.

I think I will try and drum up a S. Ontario Canadian thread .. so that we can do a qty order from Digi-key and boards. I think a good portion of us have old 800xls we might use as donors for the atari chips, I have a U1mb already and UAVs. So I would be picking and choosing from you McRorie, also I think you will limit just board orders from your first 50 .. and if I am counting you are well over 10 bare board orders already.

If you want to bother getting to the point when you do a breakout of the parts - aka an u1mb order.. a atari chip order, an electronic components order.. then I will look at that.

James

#20 pseudografx OFFLINE  

pseudografx

Dragonstomper

• 600 posts

Posted Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:36 AM

I am interested in one assembled, with or without case, depending on the looks :-) However, I might change my opinion if someone in Europe decides to do a batch.

Edited by pseudografx, Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:37 AM.

#21 Matej OFFLINE  

Matej

Moonsweeper

• 323 posts

Posted Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:47 AM

1x fully assembled and 1x bareboard - white or blue pcb please!

#22 Level42 OFFLINE  

Level42

Stargunner

• 1,526 posts

Posted Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:18 AM

Uhh....300 bucks for the parts ? Is that because this includes all the VLSI chips ? (ANTIC, POKEY,6502C, PIA,GTIA) ? 

Asking because I already have these....

Also, will the gerber files be published ? Might be easier to go OSH Park for bare boards....cheaper too I guess... You can simply upload the files and people can "order at will" from the website.

Not trying to bomb your project, but if these PCB's are going to be built in China, shipped to the US and then you have to do distribution on individual basis it's a lot of hassle....and extra shipping money...

I just ordered  3 very small boards via OSH park that were already uploaded there for 5 bucks shipped anywhere in the world.....

Edited by Level42, Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:23 AM.

#23 jacobus OFFLINE  

jacobus

Dragonstomper

• 675 posts

Posted Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:30 AM

1 fully assembled with case please.

#24 DrVenkman OFFLINE  

DrVenkman

River Patroller

• 2,381 posts
  • Back off, man! I'm a scientist.

Posted Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:30 AM

Uhh....300 bucks for the parts ? Is that because this includes all the VLSI chips ? (ANTIC, POKEY,6502C, PIA,GTIA) ? 
Asking because I already have these....

Also, will the gerber files be published ?

Gerber files were published in Michael’s original thread two days ago. The $300 price range includes the U1MB, UAV and all the chips and parts, as I understand it.

#25 mytekcontrols OFFLINE  

mytekcontrols

River Patroller

• 2,201 posts

Posted Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:48 AM

Oops posted in wrong thread -- DELETED --

- Michael

Edited by mytekcontrols, Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:01 AM.

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users