IGNORED

Food Fight proto

Mitch

Here's the ROM for the Food Fight proto I picked up recently. Going by the date, it is earlier than the other proto and the final version of Food Fight. I played a few games and didn't notice a difference so it may have just been bug fixes.

Thank you for sharing it with the community, Mitch!

Unless it is a bad dump, there may be something(s) missing as the above dump is only 24K and the official release is 32K.

Here's the ROM for the Food Fight proto I picked up recently. Going by the date, it is earlier than the other proto and the final version of Food Fight. I played a few games and didn't notice a difference so it may have just been bug fixes.

Do you need a special EPROM dumper for carts like this, or does a regular 7800 cart dumper work?

You can dump it like any other 7800 cart. In this case I used a standard EPROM reader, though I have used other 7800 dumpers in the past.

I have not attempted to access the easter egg on this one. It may not have been added yet,

Mitch

Is there a particular place all the various prototype ROMS for a game that have been dumped are stored so people can play and compare them or are they mostly scattered around on Atariage or included in rom pack? I see Atariage has a prototype section in their rarity guide but it only gives one example for each and I believe there are a couple different versions for several prototypes.

Archive.org?

• 4 weeks later...

The game is actually 24K but the last 8K is duplicated in the released 32K version. Probably because it's cheaper to use one ROM chip than two of them. Here's a 32K version of it though.

Mitch

I tried opening these two ROMs in the MAME 7800 emulator and they both crashed MAME. I generally use MAME, since there is no ROM size limit, but is there some special emulator or setting I should use? Thanks!

I tried opening these two ROMs in the MAME 7800 emulator and they both crashed MAME. I generally use MAME, since there is no ROM size limit, but is there some special emulator or setting I should use? Thanks!

Mame probably wants an A78 header on it.

Mitch

Is there a particular place all the various prototype ROMS for a game that have been dumped are stored so people can play and compare them or are they mostly scattered around on Atariage or included in rom pack? I see Atariage has a prototype section in their rarity guide but it only gives one example for each and I believe there are a couple different versions for several prototypes.

Archive.org?

AtariProtos.com