Photo

Brand New Atari Jaguar Pro Controllers- For Sale!

953 replies to this topic

#951 Stage_1_Boss OFFLINE  

Stage_1_Boss

Dragonstomper

• 928 posts
  • The key is in the skull.

Posted Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:17 PM

That is either A or C is held down, can't remember which.

Thanks CJ, I've pressed all the buttons and they seem to respond fine, I just haven't cracked that second one open yet, and, to be honest, wouldn't entirely know what I'm looking for if it wasn't something major. lol

#952 Bratwurst OFFLINE  

Bratwurst

Stargunner

• 1,216 posts

Posted Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:34 PM

I noticed some of my pro pad reproductions had mushy d-pads and thought this might help others. If you're having d-pad issues in general give it a try. (I modded some into USB controllers so ignore that Raphnet circuit on the far left.)

I believe the white ribbon cable that connects the two PCBs applies tension to whichever board was screwed down last and slides it out of alignment. All you have to do is unscrew the brown board and pull it down to the bottom retaining tabs and then screw it back tight.

Attached Thumbnails

• jagpro-howto.jpg

#953 ls650 OFFLINE  

ls650

Quadrunner

• 7,440 posts
  • Atari rocks!

Posted Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:49 PM

Yes, I did that a while back and it solved the D-pad mushiness.  Your photo will be very helpful to others!

#954 skip OFFLINE  

skip

Moonsweeper

• 413 posts

Posted Fri Mar 1, 2019 1:02 AM

Does anyone have any problems with the keypad? Neither of my two reset at all when using asterisk and pound / hash. One of them has a problem with one of the numbers...either 4 or 6 I think.

I havent pulled them apart to see if it is an easy fix, but I think I may have lucked out. Any suggestions anyone?

I will contact Starwander ASAP to work out a solution. I would love to do an official review and publish it online plus side by side comparison with the originals but I would like to hold off until this is solved. That aside, they are amazing.

Edited by skip, Fri Mar 1, 2019 1:03 AM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users