IGNORED

Pac-Man on the NES

Mister-VCS

Hated it the first few times I played it. Didn't like that game,but lately has grown on me a bit.

It just doesn't compare to the gameplay of the 5200 version which is more like the arcade. I would even say the 5200 version's graphics are way better.

The ghosts look better in the nes version. In the 5200, they have black spots for eyes, which looks weird. I like the way the maze looks in the 5200 version better.

When I play the 5200 version with a digital joystick, I actually enjoy it more than the nes version. Still not choosing the 2600 version over the nes one though...

The nes advantage is really easy to find and relatively cheap. It can also be played right handed, even though it was meant to be a left handed joystick. No need to use a joypad. I play the nes version of pac man all the time, and I think it is a decent version. The 2600 version can be fun, but there is no way it compares with the nes version!

The 5200 version would be great if it wasnt for the terrible analog joysticks. I use one of Bohokis adapters to use my 2600 joystick, and that makes it much better.

Honestly, its 7800 homebrew Pac Man collection for the win.

Yeah, I had an Advantage in the 80s and it was OK. But nowadays some of us are minimalists and don't want to collect a bunch of extra gear, especially a bulky joystick that that I would use once in a blue moon. If I really want to play NES Pac-Man with good controls, I'll just emulate it on my MAME cabinet.

Agreed on the 5200 version, which is why I just play it on the 8-bit computer instead. Great version.

The ghosts look better in the nes version. In the 5200, they have black spots for eyes, which looks weird. I like the way the maze looks in the 5200 version better.

When I play the 5200 version with a digital joystick, I actually enjoy it more than the nes version. Still not choosing the 2600 version over the nes one though...

Yea yea the NES does have better graphics and sound,but the gameplay sucks lol,and it sucks pretty bad.

I disagree,the 5200 still has better graphics due to having superior gameplay. Just look at the cutscenes on the 5200,they are much more closer to the arcade than the NES.

When it comes to playing games, good graphics are a good plus,but if the the whole gameplay stinks...I'm just not having it.

5200 Pac-Man >>>> NES Pac-Man all day...

I think it's important that you keep in mind that there are two very different versions of PAC-MAN for the NES...Tengens and Namcos. The two versions play and look very different. One is more arcade perfect, the other has some NES additions.

You're thinking of Ms. Pac-Man. Tengen's Pac-Man is literally Namco's.

• Like 1

Generally speaking*, I can't take any version of Pac-Man or Ms. Pac-Man seriously if the screen scrolls due to it having an oversized maze. And two-player simultaneous with a scrolling maze? Forget about it. :thumbsdown:

*will admit though, that unofficial port from post #11 looks really, really good.