Photo

More rumored 2600 titles

10 replies to this topic

#1 Crimefighter OFFLINE  

Crimefighter

Dragonstomper

• 915 posts

Posted Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:51 PM

Stolen from FB ... some of these were documented by Tempest, however, several new titles are mentioned. 

23622006_301952590295111_5721493716035493448_n.jpg

#2 Tempest ONLINE  

Tempest

Monochrome Martinet

• 26,703 posts

Posted Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:20 PM

Ive only documented games that we have proof existed at one point and were not just planned titles.

#3 SoundGammon OFFLINE  

SoundGammon

Stargunner

• 1,159 posts

Posted Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:51 PM

I noticed Activision isn't on the list!

#4 Rom Hunter OFFLINE  

Rom Hunter

VCS Games Archivist

• 8,682 posts
  • Obtainer of Rare Antiquities

Posted Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:40 AM

Yep, a lot of vaporware.

BTW: some of these titles were released under a different name and a lot of these were in development, but never finished.

Noah & The Ark from Sunrise is a new title for me. This one had not anything to do with Enter-Tech´s Arkyology, right?

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter, Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:55 AM.

#5 Foxsolo2000 OFFLINE  

Foxsolo2000

River Patroller

• 3,665 posts
  • Our future resides in the hands of fools!

Posted Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:50 AM

Yep, a lot of vaporware.

BTW: some of these titles were released under a different name and a lot of these were in development, but never finished.

Noah & The Ark from Sunrise is a new title for me. This one had not anything to do with Enter-Tech´s Arkyology, right?

8)

Yes a lot of vaporware but once upon a time it was all vaporware and now several of them have surfaced in some form or another.  I still cling to the belief that one day the majority will surface with only a handful on that list remaining as non starters.

#6 Swami OFFLINE  

Swami

Dragonstomper

• 968 posts

Posted Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:36 AM

I would like to know what folks think are the most entertaining prototypes that haven't been dumped yet.

#7 Supergun OFFLINE  

Supergun

Dragonstomper

• 823 posts

Posted Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:22 AM

It's always diffucult to know & hard to say. We tend to have an extra amount of wonderment for the games that never saw the light of day. But the very fact that we never got them is what makes them ubiquitous to us in the first place.

Just as the released games came in the varieties of the good, the bad, & the ugly; so did the unreleased ones. Outstanding games we're not very common among the released titles, so it makes logical sense they were also uncommon, if not even far more obscure, among the unreleased titles. Suffice it to say, if someone felt they had a 10 on their hands, they most likely would have pushed it through.

#8 AtariLeaf OFFLINE  

AtariLeaf

Epic Godlike Canadian

• 10,327 posts

Posted Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:49 AM

I didn't know Atari was planning on a Robotron on the 2600. I wonder how that would have looked. Also an official Cavern of Mars. Interesting that Sega was planning two more Star Trek games based on the Wrath of Khan and Search for Spock.

#9 Inky ONLINE  

Inky

Just a regular dude.

• 24,986 posts
  • Meh

Posted Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:37 AM

I didn't know Atari was planning on a Robotron on the 2600. I wonder how that would have looked. 

The way I understand it, there is a prototype for the Atari Graduate computer add-on, and even with the added memory, I understand it was flickery as hell.

#10 AtariLeaf OFFLINE  

AtariLeaf

Epic Godlike Canadian

• 10,327 posts

Posted Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:50 PM

The way I understand it, there is a prototype for the Atari Graduate computer add-on, and even with the added memory, I understand it was flickery as hell.

I would imagine. I know there are some homebrew programmers today who could tackle it though. I'm damn impressed with the work being done on our beloved 2600

#11 davidcalgary29 OFFLINE  

davidcalgary29

Quadrunner

• 5,491 posts

Posted Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:28 PM

That page is from the 2600 Connection newsletter. I thought it as a fascinating glimpse of Atari protoography from the early ‘90s rather than an accurate list of potential finds. Still, the author knew a lot about the subject and some of the titles on the list surprised me.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users