My 8-bit Games Porting to 7800 in the works

101 replies to this topic

#101 peteym5 OFFLINE  

peteym5

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,378 posts

Posted Mon Nov 5, 2018 12:27 PM

Hello to update everyone what is going on. I am going to do the games that fit onto a 32K or 64K cartridge first that won't require any bank switches, Pokey, or extra RAM. The two games that I have for the 8-bit that require more are Tempest and Secretum Labyrinth. I may be able to set up Tempest with a 4K RAM with a character mapped screen, but I won't be getting to that game probably for a few years. Simpler games like Venture, Tile Smashers, Putt 18, Delta Space Arena, can be done quicker so I can get them on cartridge and go up for sale sooner. I also see there are many games that still never been ported to the 7800 that I may also do.

#102 Trebor OFFLINE  

Trebor

River Patroller

• 4,701 posts

Posted Mon Nov 5, 2018 4:57 PM

Hello to update everyone what is going on. I am going to do the games that fit onto a 32K or 64K cartridge first that won't require any bank switches, Pokey, or extra RAM. The two games that I have for the 8-bit that require more are Tempest and Secretum Labyrinth. I may be able to set up Tempest with a 4K RAM with a character mapped screen, but I won't be getting to that game probably for a few years. Simpler games like Venture, Tile Smashers, Putt 18, Delta Space Arena, can be done quicker so I can get them on cartridge and go up for sale sooner. I also see there are many games that still never been ported to the 7800 that I may also do.

Sounds like a plan.  Just a heads up, 48K is the max before bankswitching.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users